Big old silver bucket lister down!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, got out tonight for a few hours at my random woods spot. Apparently there's more :yes: what an awesome few hours. About an hour in I hit the melted half reale (my first) this thing is so brittle it's crumbling. But luckily the date is still intact (1803 or 1808), and you can also see IND on the back. I was stoked. Got word that bottlecapking was gunna join me. I met him and we went back out in the woods. Things were slow, an injun here and there or wheat and finally, after digging a 1900 injun, I get a good quarter/half signal at about 4". I had bck come check it and he confirmed that it was indeed a nice quarter or half signal. I wish I was recording for this one! Popped up an 1895 barber half! My first! I believe I see the remnants of an O mintmark but not sure. Seems the pressure of the dirt when pushed on while extracting it scratched her up, not the shovel. Oh well :roll: about 2-3' away and I get a solid quarter signal at 5"! I said I better record this one lol and got it live! Again not the best quality video ever but I'm having fun sharing these moments with YouTube :lol: I'll post the link when I get the chance to upload it lol. Right before I had to leave I hit the sterling bracelet! Just icing on the cake! Just over 16 grams! Bck didn't do too shabby himself, I can assure you he found more than a rock this time :laughing: great night, I screamed like a little girl after the half, the excitement took over my body and I just lost it! Also got a total of four injuns, 2 wheats and a bunch of relics not pictured yet! Stay tuned gonna update this thread at a better time lol I'm beat! Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone!

Video of the barber quarter: https://youtu.be/I9mvleLn_IY
Acid tests show good for silver on the reale, eats the streak up and turns dark red, I believe that means 90%+?!? I don't use the stone very often but I do have one, more for gold finds that don't happen very often :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpg
    IMG_2217.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_2220.jpg
    IMG_2220.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_2227.jpg
    IMG_2227.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_2228.jpg
    IMG_2228.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Great find I still have yet to find a barber half after 9 years of detecting. All my hunting buddies have one even guys that just started a year or two ago but for some reason I can't walk over one. Really really annoying:mad::mad::mad:Anyway that half is in great shape and I do sincerely give you respect for that find no jealousy here just happy to know they are still out there. Great job on the half and the friends.;)

OMG!!! You got it going on Jeff!! Keep up the great finds and post. Record it all. Nice finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on some great finds! I'd like to have a random woods spot. How do I get one, lol!

Congrats on your first Barber Half, the quarter, the heavy sterling and the counterfeit Spanish silver...silver from the dirt won't crumble to pieces. Outstanding hunt!

Awesome hunt man! Congrats on crossing it off the list! A barber half is very high on my list, especially since my hunting buddy found 2 last year!

Congratulations CD! Beautiful Barber Half! Other outstanding finds along the way too! Very happy for you, you sure do work it hard and freely share your advice and hunts! So yeah...You Earned that Bucketlister!

The next penny I find in a totlot, I'm screaming like a little girl in your honor!:laughing:

Very awesome hunt! Congrats to you!
Thanks!
Great find I still have yet to find a barber half after 9 years of detecting. All my hunting buddies have one even guys that just started a year or two ago but for some reason I can't walk over one. Really really annoying:mad::mad::mad:Anyway that half is in great shape and I do sincerely give you respect for that find no jealousy here just happy to know they are still out there. Great job on the half and the friends.;)
My first in 5 seasons so it did take some work. Keep at it! You will find that special spot someday!
OMG!!! You got it going on Jeff!! Keep up the great finds and post. Record it all. Nice finds

Thanks Bill!
Wow, awesome finds!! Congrats on a great hunt!
Thank you!
Congrats on some great finds! I'd like to have a random woods spot. How do I get one, lol!

Sh*t luck really lol I found a spot that apparently was frequently used back in the day and hasn't been hammered by anyone else but me lol thanks for looking!
Very impressive! Congrats on the silvers and the other finds :)
Thanks!
:excited::cheers::excited: Great job! Wow! You finally got one! Congrats to BCK too, he beat my lock. :laughing:
Thanks man!
Congrats on your first Barber Half, the quarter, the heavy sterling and the counterfeit Spanish silver...silver from the dirt won't crumble to pieces. Outstanding hunt!
I believe from it being in a fire and already being thin may be why it's crumbling. I did an acid test last night on a crumbled chunk and it came back positive I believe, streak disappeared and the liquid looked like blood. Thanks for looking capt!
Didn't know you were doing the YouTube thing, have to check it out sometime, congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Just messing around with the vids, I hope to maybe get some good equipment in the future to do better vids, I appreciate your reply!
Awesome hunt man! Congrats on crossing it off the list! A barber half is very high on my list, especially since my hunting buddy found 2 last year!
2 in a season would be nice lol I'm glad to have at least one lifetime though lol happy hunting and thanks!
huge congrats barber halves are awesome i remember my 1st a 1914 key date no less great saves :D
Thanks! I loved seeing that big ol barber come out of the dirt! HH!
Congratulations CD! Beautiful Barber Half! Other outstanding finds along the way too! Very happy for you, you sure do work it hard and freely share your advice and hunts! So yeah...You Earned that Bucketlister!

The next penny I find in a totlot, I'm screaming like a little girl in your honor!:laughing:
Thanks mud :lol: i punched the ground a few times and everything, the rush was amazing. Good luck and happy hunting!
Congrats!!!! So you just started detecting in the woods and finding stuff??

Yea dating back to about December 2016, started finding old coin in a random wooded patch in the city. I believe the spot we found yesterday was possibly an old swim spot... thanks and happy hunting!
Wow incredible finds! Congrats!!
Thank you!
Holy cow Jeff, a reale, barber 1/2, awesome Sterling bracelet.... major congrats! Some seriously killer finds! Wow!
Thanks Jeff! Was a memorable hunt I won't soon forget, I appreciate the comment! Happy hunting!
Just caught the video and gave you the first like! Awesome! Love BCK in the background! HAHAHA!
Thanks Marshall! He hit a seated dime shortly after that video, a Carson city mint too. Happy hunting!

You have some nice hunt grounds nice finds you must have quite a collection by now way cool

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom