Nokta Impact information

4" silver quarter with 2 3" nails placed 2" inches above with heads of nails at edge of quarter test the impact will hit the quarter as non-Ferrous. It's in the foil range but it does hit it. This is in ground 1 bar dirt. Note, almost all detectors fail this test.

Interestingly enough it does best in Deep mode. 11" coil faired a smidge better than 7". Frequency didn't seem to make any difference.

Minelab users that like having ID in pinpoint will love the STA modes. Nice way to pinpoint co-mingled targets. I suppose you could even hunt that way in heavy trash.

It's a tough test but made easier with the narrow profile of the Impact coil, a lot of the cheaper end detectors with similar profile coils or CC will get it.

4" silver quarter with 2 3" nails placed 2" inches above with heads of nails at edge of quarter test the impact will hit the quarter as non-Ferrous. It's in the foil range but it does hit it. This is in ground 1 bar dirt. Note, almost all detectors fail this test.

Interestingly enough it does best in Deep mode. 11" coil faired a smidge better than 7". Frequency didn't seem to make any difference.

It's a tough test but made easier with the narrow profile of the Impact coil, a lot of the cheaper end detectors with similar profile coils or CC will get it.

Yeah, I imagine tesoro's with 5.75 concentric will. A few First Texas machines I have tested will not using same coil profiles. I haven't tested them all though.

I am not TNSS, here is a quick nail test with a Rosie and 48 qtr.

It was beginning to rain and I took the box cover off to video.

You can see the small coil does well perpendicular to the nails and clearly smacks the dime and qtr.

The qtr had an extra nail added and still got a diggable questionable tones

We don't get to pick the orientation of the iron so I laid them about 2" away

https://youtu.be/huOk75S2epI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that seems typical, hard to hit the coin with the nail at top and toe of the coil.

I am not TNSS, here is a quick nail test with a Rosie and 48 qtr.

It was beginning to rain and I took the box cover off to video.

You can see the small coil does well perpendicular to the nails and clearly smacks the dime and qtr.

The qtr had an extra nail added and still got a diggable questionable tones

We don't get to pick the orientation of the iron so I laid them about 2" away

https://youtu.be/huOk75S2epI

TNSS i know you rate the Impact as a decent separator and fast recovery, have you tried the nail board test? I seen Keith's down the barrel test with the small coil, and i think i read somewhere that the Impact failed the test and came behind the Racer?
I rate a 3d test more, but the nail board test gives another picture as well.

Based on my test and use,,and some head to heads on undisturbed targets,,Impact with small coil provides detecting advantages using both 14 and 20khz.

Detectors such as Xp Deus, Nokat Relic, Makro Racers 1 and 2, Fisher F75s both non DST and DST, White's V3i, Etrac,,CTX, Aka Signum, XS explorer, Nokta CoRe.

Now this don't mean these are bad detectors or anything.
And this doesn't mean some targets wouldn't detected by these that were uaing Impact and small coil.
Some of the targets actually were not only detected with Impact,,but better info to distinguish target's conductivity was gotten.

And yes,,some of the targets were not detectable with Impact using smallest coil,,yet were detected with other detectors wearing stock sized coils.

On some of these targets I changed out coil on Impact from smallest coil to Stock,,and was able to get signals on these targets.

But didn't check all with stock coil.

Impact wearing smallest coil,,and operating in 20khz is top notched in the separation and unmasking dept.
And while getting this great unmasking and separation,,user can get very respectable depths from such a small width coil.

Overall I think it opens up the actual detecting scenario for a one coil,,one detector setup.

This doesn't mean there are not others.

The detector wearing smallest coil that I found to be the hardest to hunt behind uaing Impact and smallest coil was the Nokta Relic detector.

I think that says some thing too about that particular detector.

Hope this helps.

I think with time,,what I have said here in this post,,,will bear itself out from actual reports from users.
Users need time though,,to meld with their detectors.

Second test using Impact but the nails moved to give a good signal basically 360*. I used all of the tone settings and all frequencies.

Notice the little trick I learned using pin pointer to check ferrous versus non ferrous. Let me know if any of you have seen that yet

https://youtu.be/gZN5qrQZHK0

Second test using Impact but the nails moved to give a good signal basically 360*. I used all of the tone settings and all frequencies.

Notice the little trick I learned using pin pointer to check ferrous versus non ferrous. Let me know if any of you have seen that yet

Good video.

You showed some thing nice for folks.
The pinpoint jumping on the coin,,not the nails.
You will see this in the field as well.

Here is one thing you can try,,and do a video.

I have mention super challenged targets in the thread a great deal.

So make a setup using nails and coin.

Actually make up a few.
What you want to do,,,is make them (rig) so Impact barely squeezes out a nonferrous tone.
Consider varying disc from 0-4.
Use 20khz.

When you do these,,,have iron vol on at levels 1 or 2.
When you do these test note meter tendencies,,and note coil movement as it relates to iron tone trying to cut in on the signal.

Remember,,,in a site,,,if a person keeps waiting on decent TID to dig,,and is passing on those signals that don't give decent TID,,could be passing on some good targets.

Watch how smooth the reading transitions as it comes onto the nails,,and when coil is passing over coin.

This info you derive here---I rate as some of the most valuable when hunting pounded sites,,,sites that have good detecting history especially.

How to determine odds wise if the Impact is lying to ones self with TID using all tools the detector has---remember some of these targets can be non detectable as nonferrous by many other detectros,,even wearing smaller coils.

So Impact may detect a target,,provided shady TID,,but has your attention.
Person before you may not have heard,,,or if they did,,their detector doesn't provide tools like Impact to identify a more challenged target.

Yes, it's working well in this vid, good one.

A little scenario here for folks to relate to.
Might help you understand why being able to recognize a challenged target can be beneficial.

Let's say you have an old house site,,but has modern trash and lots of iron around.

Let's say you or other folks have busted this baby hard,,and you use CTX with stock and 6" coils.

You want to go in with Impact and smallest coil and have a go.

Let's assume while the CTX was being run in the site with the 2 coils,,,selective digging was done,,meaning the person didn't dig tab signals, etc,,,they were looking mostly for higher conductive coins.

So now you are in the site with Impact and smallest coil.

What to do??

Well,,would you dig any lower conductive reading targets giving 4 way signal??
I wouldn't.
Why??
Because the person using the CTX likely to have swung over,,and they dins't dig due to poor ID.

An Impact user can study these targets,,,listen for the iron tone,,and how easy is the target to hit with sweep speed and or coil position.

Now,,what if you come upon a target,,,where coil position is overly critical,,only a 2 way signal,and TID reads low.

This is a target I would dig.

Now I used the CTX in this example,,,could be other detectors too used in the site.

I have done this using Deus too,,,but Deus is not as microscopic as the Impact with smallest coil.

Use your scalpel wisely when operating an Impact in sites.
And yes give credit to fbs detectors too.
They can actually be your friend,,,and you don't have to have one.
Funny sounding eh.

I've done this quite a few times.
Have had some other folks I hunt with question my pick of a detector for a site.
They are starting to catch on..

I operate a lot of times keeping the following premise in the back of my head.
More modern things likely not masked as much on average as older stuff.

Tools to use on Impact to validate a challenged target.

Disc level change.
You go from 3 to 4 using disc and target's tone dissapears uaing 14 or 20khz,,good sign of a challenged target.

Freq change,,,if you detect a find using 20khz,,and it disappear altogether or gets even more coil position/sweep speed sensitive using 14khz,,good sign of a challenged target.

Coil position-- how critical to get signal.

Iron tone presentation as coil is moved around target,,and how meter reads,,,these key for challenged target identification.

Last edited:
How many of you have switched from a fbs/fbs2 to the Impact? What are your thoughts? Is it worth switching over and why? What are the pros and cons? I just want to hear from those that have been using fbs detectors and what they have determined after using the Impact. I know it is still early in the game with the Impact.

I am making the switch as soon as Chris with Kellyco gets back with me we are trying to work out a deal with the wireless headphones and on the bogo offer to get my 4 yr old a bounty hunter Jr. As soon as we work something out I will have one coming my way!

Last edited:
How many of you have switched from a fbs/fbs2 to the Impact? What are your thoughts? Is it worth switching over and why? What are the pros and cons? I just want to hear from those that have been using fbs detectors and what they have determined after using the Impact. I know it is still early in the game with the Impact.

I am making the switch as soon as Chris with Kellyco gets back with me we are trying to work out a deal with the wireless headphones and on the bogo offer to get my 4 yr old a bounty hunter Jr. As soon as we work something out I will have one coming my way!

I used the Impact and small coil yesterday for a couple hours.
Then I picked up the CTX with 6" coil.
Boy what a difference.
Both weight and balance.

Impact feels so much better.
At least to me.

Back
Top Bottom