Coin spill

Fishtanked363

[/PHP]Following Scuba's advice, I hit our local sled hill after work this morning. It was such a nice sunny morning, I couldn't pass it up. Of course my sled hill did not produce like Scuba's did, but I was able to pull 2 dozen coins out of one hole. I had less than $7 clad for the day, but that spill made my day. Every time I thought I got them all, the f2 kept beeping. It took about 15 minutes to silence the hole. Fun times!! I was using my f2 with the sniper coil.

Had something like that happen once near an old middle school. Was hunting the curb strip and hit on some signals. Started to dig and began uncovering pennies like crazy. Couldn't put the pointer down without it going off again. Ended up pulling around thirty pennies out of a 3x3 area.

photo

I finally figured out how to attach photos. I guess it is true, If all else fails, read the directions...

Attachments

• coin spill.jpg
    coin spill.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 202
Hehe, I attribute my fondness for treasure hunting to a childhood neighbor with unreliable pockets.

At about 3 or 4 years old I was playing in the grass outside our apartment and found a nickel...and then a penny...and then a quarter...and more! Somebody had had quite the coin spill.

But I was just a tyke and I didn't know where money came from, so I concluded that it must grow out of the ground. I spent weeks of my free time after that nose to the ground, sifting through the grass for coins. I did find a few more from time to time (I suspect the neighbor may have seeded the ground a bit because she thought I was funny). My parents had me out of their hair, so it was quite a long time before they decided to disillusion me.

Of course I eventually discovered that coins also grew on the top of my dad's dresser. Then I learned a few lessons about the consequences of thievery.

Awesome find! I can't wait 'til I start finding some coins - but a score like that has got to feel fantastic!!

Congrats. Sledding hills can be a bonanza of spills. Since I was the first to detect there I just got lucky.

Congrats on a bunch of coins. I have NEVER found as many coins here in Michigan on a sledding hill as I did in Utah. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Hope you find more places like that.

Back
Top Bottom