Been a While...

scoundrel

six feet under(water)
...since I had a multiple precious metal ring day. I went to the beach yesterday, and it was mostly sanded in except for a couple of dips out in the water. There was a guy with an Excalibur working the better of the two low spots. I walked out to say hey, and that I wasn't going to crowd him since the dip was only about a hundred feet long. I walked down to the other low spot. It looked less than ideal. I immediately started to find green quarters. Then a watch that had obviously been in the water for a very long time. Then nothing. I got out of the water and walked back down to the other dip. Now there were two people in the hole swinging excalibur's. Definitely not room for three, especially with the interference that my dual field gives off. One guy was gridding very methodically trying to cover as much ground as fast as possible, and the other guy was barely moving around. They were both finding target's here and there. I watched them for about a half hour and went home.
I went back today and went into the dip that they had worked. I immediately starting to find green quarters. One thing led to another and the next thing you know it was 4 hours later and I had picked up three gold rings, 1 silver friendship ring 1 stainless, and one copper. And a small silver earring. Two watches, two knives, bottle opener, fishing lure, and a bunch of other junk. All out of a hundred foot long low spot that two guys and pounded just the day before. They did not return today. It makes me wonder what they found, if anything. I will be going back there first thing in the morning. The two fancy rings are 14 karat in the thin band is 10 karat. All three rings only total 17 grams. A lot of Spanish people on this beach, and they have small fingers. I'm not complaining. Can't wait to go back.

Attachments

• 20180419_190949-1032x774.jpg
    20180419_190949-1032x774.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 20180419_185656-1032x774.jpg
    20180419_185656-1032x774.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 517
Think you found one of those Cornucopia gold holes. Used to have one back in the day. You should have seen the gold that came from there! Storm closed it for years now:no:Beat that area to sleep!

Great hunt. I had no idea that a green quarter was a good sign! Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully there were a few big fingered Spaniards on that beach too.

Awesome job Scoundrel :) :yes: good persistence on going back to the spots the next day, even after others were rooting around.

Beautiful rings! You gotto wonder what settings the other guys were using! No way, that much stuff should be left after combing the beach with Excals.

:dingding: I love how you came back - that is just feeling it. Congrats on the multiple gold day!!

Thanks everybody. Itsaring nailed it, this is one of my old honey holes that has opened back up. Been sanded in for for years.

Back
Top Bottom