2017 MTHA Open Hunt (Massachusetts)

My at pro was fine, I switched to Frequency 4. Did you try adjusting the frequency?

Oh ya, I think that's where it all started. Changing frequency and boosting the sensitivity way up before the second hunt on some well meaning advice. At least I hope it well meaning. :D First hunt they ran great though Betty's did act up at the very end and I did a quick battery swap which didn't help. She may well have boosted her sensitivity up by mistake. We are both still real newbs with the machines and had never seen this happen before. I was able to get mine under control again by dropping back down to F2 and backing the sensitivity down to almost nothing but by that time the field had been almost cleared. I went on to find two clad quarters and a clad dime.

Hey, we had a lot of fun and while we were waiting for the traffic to slow down so we could leave she came up with the fact that she had a fun time, learned a lot and wants to do it again next year. Course she's the first to tell everyone how she beat me finding the the Buff and SLQ. :lol: It was great meeting new people, some on the board, some not. I agree that we really need to find a way to hook up with everyone there so we could get a pic.

Sadly, I missed out, because for some reason I had it set in my mind that the hunt was on the 14th, not the 7th.

Oh ya, I think that's where it all started. Changing frequency and boosting the sensitivity way up before the second hunt on some well meaning advice.

The key to hunting in close quarters with lots of people hunting at the same frequency you are is to use the smallest coil you have, use a frequency offset if you have it, and turn the power way down. Everything you find will be three inches or less. The less "fringe field" you have around the edge of the coil the better. I thought my MXT was broken last I did this hunt because of the interference and overloading due to so many people near me using the same search frequency. For the second hunt, I switched coils and turned sensitivity way down. No more interference.

I got to take the AT Pro for a test drive for about 15mins tonight. My 1st find on almost my 1st swing was a 1954 gold class ring.

Slide show from MTHA Hunt

I got to take the AT Pro for a test drive for about 15mins tonight. My 1st find on almost my 1st swing was a 1954 gold class ring.

Hi all.
Our Hunt Master, Sandi, is also our club's Webmaster. She just notified me that one of the updates on our web site is a slide show of photos taken on hunt day. Unless two AT-PRO's were won, I now know what detectordiver looks like. :dingding: See the link below.

Congratulations !

http://www.masstreasure.com/index.php/act/2012-11-03-00-01-18

Last edited:
This was me and Sue at the MTHA hunt

Attachments

• DSCN1908.jpg
    DSCN1908.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCN1907.jpg
    DSCN1907.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 442
I just found this :laughing: im the guy on the phone, with the red shirt on in the background.

Attachments

• hunt_2017 (42).jpg
    hunt_2017 (42).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 398
Hi all.
Our Hunt Master, Sandi, is also our club's Webmaster. She just notified me that one of the updates on our web site is a slide show of photos taken on hunt day. Unless two AT-PRO's were won, I now know what detectordiver looks like. :dingding: See the link below.

Congratulations !

http://www.masstreasure.com/index.php/act/2012-11-03-00-01-18

I don't know who that old guy holding my new detector is. But I think he's stalking me because he sneaks into my house and stands in my mirror also.

More photos from MTHA Hunt

An MTHA club Member, Paul R., sent me a batch of photos from the October 7th Hunt. These are different ones than are posted on our web site.

Because these were mucho megabytes, I've reduced the file size and posted several on a GOOGLE Photos photo sharing page. The link is below. Once there, CLICK on the first one. It will open for you and display arrows to advance forward or back to view each one.

Jim

MTHA 2017 - John Govoni Open Hunt

Best viewed on a computer or Tablet. Might be very small on a smartphone and text I've added will be too tiny to read.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WIv4CGxJgXv2tfFv2

Back
Top Bottom