My travel/storage box for MD

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
I found these tool boxes at the local Home Improvement store on sale ($10 each), so I got a couple to protect my investment(s). Had access to enough (free) plank foam to line the boxes with.

Starting at the bottom, and stacking up, here's the different layers:

IM003881.jpg

IM003880.jpg

IM003879.jpg

IM003882.jpg

IM003877.jpg

what brand is that? i have bad eyes and cant see it very good ,i want to find me one of those, can you say which store you found it in, thanks.

Box is a Plano, and I looked but there are no model numbers on it whatsoever. I got it at a Menards, and the (outside) dimensions are 20" long X 11" deep X 11" tall.

Now for those who want one for their Ace, it's just a tad short. I had to remove the arm cuff to make it fit (my 350), so I just keep a stubby screwdriver in the box.

IM003885.jpg

IM003884.jpg

Actually, the pic with the tray in the box was for the Ace, it wouldn't fit with my DeLeon (since I have a 2nd coil in the box), to the Tesoro box has my digging pouch, some gloves, etc on top of the shafts to keep them in place.

I have the same box from Menard's. I like having everything related to MD in one box, but took a different approach.

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 766
Nice set-up Cortland :cool:

For those interested, I looked on Plano's website. Looks like mine (not sure if Cortlands is the same size) is a Grab-N-Go Mod# 625. There are a couple other models that might be better suited/slightly longer (#781 and #682).

Here's a link with dimensions:
http://www.planomolding.com/2010/07/grab-n’-go/

All that said, I doubt these others would be on sale for $10....but you never know.

Here's a 26"er on Amazon a quick search just turned-up (it has a couple smaller divided boxes on the lid):
http://www.amazon.com/Plano-682-007...O4/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1318761415&sr=8-14

Back
Top Bottom