finally a yard with a few leftovers for me

bobac

Elite Member
I haven't posted much lately, and believe me, it wasn't that I haven't been hunting.....

A few weeks ago I got a permission for an 1880 house. Nothing....
A few days later a 1835 house....1st hole was a largie, extremely worn, no date. but nothing else in that entire yard.
A few days later I got a sweet permission for another 1830s home, huge huge yard but the weather was a monsoon for a week !!! Every time I get hold of the owner our schedules don't mesh....I'm still anxiously waiting to get on that yard and I have a really good feeling its gonna have some goodies left.
Anyway, while I'm waiting for that one I managed to get on another sweet old 1830s yard. He said its been detected a few times, and boy he wasn't kidding........:(:(:( absolutely nothing.....well, ok 2 wheats. Drove back home over an hour of pissin and moanin sayin I quit this hobby....
I call the 1835 homeowner again and no luck.
A few days later , hoping to catch an 1870 homeowner home , I drive an hour east and missed the guy , so I hit the park next door and after 2 hours I get a Rosie to break the silver dryspell....a bit later heading back to my car I get a screamer pretty close to the old home. Good solid quarter signal at 6-7 inches, just outside the soccer field....I'm probing in the loose dirt at the bottom of the hole and just not seeing shiny....finally pinpointer beeps but I'm still not seein shiny....then I see it, a freakin copper :?::?: again, no detail whatsoever.....

Again , yesterday, no answer from the 1830s owner....So I tried another guy who has a home listed as 1900, but it looks older....I got the ok. When I get out on the yard I see some brown circles that appear to be last summers dig holes, but I prayed that maybe they were just dog spots.....I started nailing wheats right away and feel a bit better , and boy lots of em......
An hour in I can see the writing on the wall....Mr high tones has been through this yard and left me the pennies....
Anyway, I stumbled upon a patch of wheats that seamed to have an odd sporadic chirp in between them, only hitting 12-45 for a split second....I dig it and get a wheat. Cover the hole and scan and theres still a penny in there...I flip the sod and jab the propointer in there and find the other wheat. Scan again and get more penny sound....Stick the propointer in again and and break up some of the dirt and holy shnikeys I see a giant silver in there !!!!:shock::shock::shock: turns out its just a walker but hey I was excited. Couldn't believe someone could miss that :?::?: but then with all the pennies around it they may have thought it wasn't worth their troubles.....
ANyway, fast forward another half hour and I snagged a merc on the far and trash side of the driveway, and a rosie in the back yard.
As the hunt was getting tiresome to my shoulder I managed a super deep 12-45 again and thought I'd end on a nice deep old silver. I set up my camera and recorded in anticipation and ran into 2 huge roots directly above the target. about 2 inches thick. I got a good hole beside the root and finally got tone....I got a feel of the coin below the root but really struggled to get it out. I could feel that it was a large coin and had to be careful with the shovel....I pried and pried with my fingers and finally pinched it outta there and it was a big flat copper disk. right at that moment the neighbor lady came over to check on me and I showed her the disk and said I thought it was a token . It sure was too thin to be a large cent. I got it home and cleaned up and can see AMERICA on it and some faint outlines of a matron hair bun. It looks like someone flattened it out or maybe left on train tracks ???
And another deep iffy target was the end of a sterling spoon that appears to have been in a fire....I looked all over for the rest of it....no luck.
Anyway that was my best silver day in at least 6 months I'd guess....(oh yeah the last dime was at a curb strip beside a brick road tear out.)
That makes 29 silvers fty. guess I really can't complain ....Gotta take care of work and mortgage first I guess....
HH all.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 252
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 239
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 238
Congrats on the shiny, wheats and LC. That LC sure has took a pounding but the Walker is beautiful. Way to stay after those permissions. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom