Hunting those old mill houses sure is fun!

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
I recently got another mill house permission from a friend of mine. Nothing too old but had a great time! Nice soft dirt with lots of targets.. Most were only a few inches deep. I've spent the past few months chasing iffy signals with the Nox in hard packed GA clay at some of my old sites, so it was a nice change of pace to do some coin shooting with the 3030. Ended up with 18 wheats, 5 silver dimes, a sterling ring and a cracker jack coin.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 617
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 574
Killer hunt, what’s the long thing center of 2nd pic?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Thanks guys!

Looks like a good day. Is the little red car made by tootsie ? Looks like one have.

The bottom on that one was missing so I couldn't see who made it. My buddy JB did find an older Tootsie car there though (9:40 in the video).. Wheels and axles still in good shape too.

Nice finds! 5 silver dimes in one hunt would be a record hunt for me. I did get one of those Crackerjack coins a few months ago.

Nice digging Rattlehead! Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was a great hunt, good finds, i like the Cracker Jack token best of all, thats awsome, i had a whole box of metal cracker jack toys when as a kid. I'm sure if they put any metal object in a crackerjack box today they would get sued from somebody for having a choke hazard, haha.

That’s kicking ass right there DeWayne! Long thing might be a pail handle??
There have only been a couple of times where EMI made the CTX disappoint me. Other than that,well...you know how I feel about it.:grin:
Congratulations on a great site and making it happen!

Just watched the video Dewayne and enjoyed it. For some reason I could not get sound with it but used the closed caption option. The video do not give me a site for other videos by you. So do you have more and what are they called so I can subscribe. Oh super hunt and a big congrats. Trapper

Thanks again guys. :cheers:

That was a great hunt, good finds, i like the Cracker Jack token best of all, thats awsome, i had a whole box of metal cracker jack toys when as a kid. I'm sure if they put any metal object in a crackerjack box today they would get sued from somebody for having a choke hazard, haha.
Hah, yeah I remember getting cool metal and plastic crackerjack toys as a kid too. Also got some pretty neat stuff in cereal boxes! I'd actually choose which cereal I wanted based off of whichever one had the best toy. :lol: Times have changed for sure.

That’s kicking ass right there DeWayne! Long thing might be a pail handle??
There have only been a couple of times where EMI made the CTX disappoint me. Other than that,well...you know how I feel about it.:grin:
Congratulations on a great site and making it happen!
Thanks Kevin, sounds like a good ID to me! Dang thing gave a nice "big silver" type signal so I was disappointed when it popped out of the hole. It was nice to swing the CTX again! The Nox is great, but I still prefer the 3030 for this type of hunting.

Just watched the video Dewayne and enjoyed it. For some reason I could not get sound with it but used the closed caption option. The video do not give me a site for other videos by you. So do you have more and what are they called so I can subscribe. Oh super hunt and a big congrats. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! No idea why the sound wasn't workin' for ya (youtube glitch maybe?), but yessir I do have a bunch more videos if you care to watch. My channel is Metal Detecting NWGA. https://www.youtube.com/MetalDetectingNWGA

Back
Top Bottom