Watch your change

Sonny b

Elite Member
I guess the high gas prices have people robbing the old piggy banks. Got a 1920 wheatie back in change today when I stopped by the store on the way home. Yay. It is one I didn't have in my collection. And to think, Sunday I dug hard for two hours and only managed a handful of clad, mega can slaw, and countless pull tabs. I did get a really tiny corroded brass pinky ring. Loved every minute of it though. And my E & W treasure mag came today. Happy hunting friendly friends. Sonny.:D

1920 wheatie is another 6 cents in your pocket!!!! Still waiting on my Lost Treasure mag to arrive. (San Antonio, Texas native)

Dusty

My wife got a 36 Buffalo Nickel the other day in her change. Everyonce in a while I'll get lucky with a silver dollar certificate bill. Once I got a $10 one 20+ years ago.

Yeah this day and age everyone is turning in everything.
Found 2 buffs last year. I look constantly when receiving change.
Debit cards and credit cards are making it harder to find.
Feel one day there will be no currency...just a card...HH..

About 2 years ago a customer paid with rolled change including 4 rolls of pennys. Two of the rolls were entirely wheat ear pennys. Oldest was 1910. My father is a coin collector and at the time I wasn't into MD or coin collecting so I gave them all to him. I wonder if that guy even knew what they were.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

wow

i got a v nickel yesterday from the pawn shop in my change i asked if she had any more in and she said yea i have one more i hate canada money lol i said hears my number u get any more that look like this u call me hahahahahahahahha

Always check my change. Also get funny looks when I'm leaning over the counter trying to peak into the register to see silver coins. I guess they think I'm fixing to rob them.:lol:

"Gotta 1916 D about three weeks ago after buying a six pack."

Was that a cent or a dime??????? If a dime, you hit the jackpot..... RickO

My daughter has now become my change junkie. Everytime we go somewhere I let her get the change so she can inspect it. 2 wheats on 2 visits in a row to the grocery store. Burger King has been great for wheats and silver quarters. Must be from the senior coffee klatch that's there 5 days a week.

My daughter has now become my change junkie. Everytime we go somewhere I let her get the change so she can inspect it. 2 wheats on 2 visits in a row to the grocery store. Burger King has been great for wheats and silver quarters. Must be from the senior coffee klatch that's there 5 days a week.

It's not us old farts! Its kids stealing from their parents & grandparents stashes. Sad, but true.

It's not us old farts! Its kids stealing from their parents & grandparents stashes. Sad, but true.

Ya, when we were kids we spent hundreds of dollars in old coins for candy and cigarettes. A girl on our school bus stole tons of them from her dad and would just give them to us. So we would try talking her into stealing them for us over and over and over. I feel like quite the lil jerk for doing that now. Especially after getting into this hobby and realizing the value of what we took and the crap we traded them all for.

I took a whole can of V nickels my grandpa had saved and gave to my dad. probaly 75.00 in nickels. We spent all those coins on candy also.

your right dirty money and alot of drug related thefts from the meth heads!!!
sorry to be blunt but thats our world now!!!

Back
Top Bottom