Selling?

Jon Stewart

Been a lurker here for awhile and don't post much. Don't have enough posts to sell a couple of things that I got with a new a detector kit that I don't need. These are two new items and want to pass them on for a reasonable price. Anyone know where I can go to do this?

I pm'ed one of the owners a couple of days ago but haven't heard from her.

I mentioned in a post that I was interested in possibly selling my detector because I was upgrading, and I got a PM from a forum member asking me if I would sell it to him. Never did I post an ad on the classifieds section (although I did have enough posts to do so), mainly because until that member offered I hadn't even planned on selling it through this forum. I did sell it to him, though, and the transaction went really well. :yes:

The rule about the # of posts to use the classifieds exists because of the # of scammers who have unfortunately taken advantage of forum members in the past. For that reason, I think it is a good rule, although it's unfortunate that the bad apples have to spoil it for everyone else.

If you're lucky you may be approached by someone looking to buy (what are you trying to sell?). Otherwise, I would consider selling my machine/equipment locally. My original plan before selling my detector through the forum was to use Craigslist and I got some nibbles from there. I have sold horse tack through Craigslist before without a problem, you just have to be aware of the signs of scammers (dealt with those, too).

Thanks. I read the rules and saw what you are talking about. It is not a detector just a couple of smaller items. To post them on a non detecting sire wouldn't do me much good.

Back
Top Bottom