Arrow heads

Ricki7

Forum Supporter
These arrow heads were found by Sam about 70+ years ago , on the high ground where my barn now stands . Sam is the brother of the previous owner and hunted and fished here. One day he stopped by , I told him i was metal detecting , collecting relics and enjoying the land . He said he use to find points ,I could have them if they were still around . After doing a lot of looking he found them in his mothers old sewing machine drawer . If I can add some cool relics I'll make a diplay of things found here .
HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 362
Very nice! I just finished reading an article about these and where to find them here close to my location. I have tried before but have never had any luck, hopefully my luck will change.

Nice arrow heads. We found a nice real nice one last year in the creek where we deer hunt.

Last summer I was chasing a signal on some property that once had an old 1800's house on it. While digging the signal (turned out to be a large ring from a horse bridal) this was found in the hole with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20140721_141331_167.jpg
    IMG_20140721_141331_167.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 261
Nice points! I've looked all my life and still haven't found a single one. :no:

My brother is a natural "finder" and found one on the school grounds under the root of a tree where one of his marbles had rolled... It sounds like you have a very interesting property and a lot of potential for more nice finds.

here are a few I have found over the years....

Attachments

• chris014.jpg
    chris014.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 161
  • chris013.jpg
    chris013.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 158
and a few from my grandfathers collection....this is approx. half of what he has...

Attachments

• chris021.jpg
    chris021.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 151
Donnybrook Yes that's a silver dollar , one is 2 1/4 the other is 4 inches long . I have never found one either , I'm going to spend some time looking by the creek in back. I hope to find one in hole like dwunder did ,nice surprise.
Fulldraw 74 those are amazing , they look like they came from many different area's. Do you know how they classify by size arrowheads from spear or knife points , even this small one feels to heavy for a arrow. We have a big creek , so I'm thinking spear fishing . If you have a favorite I.D. site , I would appreciate if you would post here.
Thanks HH

Donnybrook Yes that's a silver dollar , one is 2 1/4 the other is 4 inches long . I have never found one either , I'm going to spend some time looking by the creek in back. I hope to find one in hole like dwunder did ,nice surprise.
Fulldraw 74 those are amazing , they look like they came from many different area's. Do you know how they classify by size arrowheads from spear or knife points , even this small one feels to heavy for a arrow. We have a big creek , so I'm thinking spear fishing . If you have a favorite I.D. site , I would appreciate if you would post here.
Thanks HH

All of those were found in the North Georgia area... Typically a true "arrowhead" is small usually less than 1.5". Most of the bigger stuff are knife blades or spear points. I don't have a favorite online source for ID's but there are some sites and forums out there that offer great information.

I just did some research and this is the best I.D. I could come up with .
Ground Stemmed Lanceolate points made from Onondaga Chert Late Paleo Indians. I'm not sure if the Orange color is deposited on or iron leaching out.
The chert (flint ) comes from a source close by.
All the points above are beautiful, I hope you include the history with the displays.
HH

Back
Top Bottom