A good detector for my son.

freightdawg747

My son is 8 years old this year. He loves going through my finds and talking about history ( he is always quoting me trivial facts from history) so I have been thinking about getting him a detector for his birthday.....Any recommendations I dont want to spend a lot of money, want something easy to operate..... but I also want something that is useful for more than just finding your car on a foggy night.

Any chance you could give us the budget you're working in ?

For a youngster, I suspect that less is more when it comes to the number of controls. Also, I suspect you'll need something rugged. Tesoro Compadre or the Tesoro Silver U Max should meet those needs. Both capable detectors, simple to operate, and built Tesoro tough with lifetime warr. You could even get in to the spirit of hunting and find things with both these units.

Others here will have additional suggestions.

Any chance you could give us the budget you're working in ?

For a youngster, I suspect that less is more when it comes to the number of controls. Also, I suspect you'll need something rugged. Tesoro Compadre or the Tesoro Silver U Max should meet those needs. Both capable detectors, simple to operate, and built Tesoro tough with lifetime warr. You could even get in to the spirit of hunting and find things with both these units.

Others here will have additional suggestions.

Budget..I guess about 200 or 300 bucks. Ill check those models out thanks.

Since you are a MDer, I won't go into many reasons. If I were you, I'd buy the ACE 250 or Prizim III. Both are within the price range and the extra $'s can be used to get him a hand pointer as well.

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is good too in my experience - well built, durable, easy to operate, and great on battery life. Plus it's well below your budget.

I have three boys 7,8,9 that use a Tesoro Compadre. I got it for them 3 years ago. Great inexpensive detector. Easy to use, rugged and it works well. They've found a lot with it, mainly at schools. Like Tinfoilhat said, simpler is better when it comes to kids.

Back
Top Bottom