1936 d Buffalo nickel

spittfire

Elite Member
Hey there! I am new to the art of MDing but today was really great! I had been working an old school yard which was closed in the eighties and now is a church. I was in relic mode with my DFX and got a lot of trash iron and nails, changed to coins and jewelry and started getting coins. My first coin was a buffalo nickel which after soaking in OO finally got to see some detail. It has the "D" on it and I am pretty sure it only has 31/2 legs.
I looked it up but cannot grasp the lingo to figure out if it is worth anything. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help!

Alas, I was on a high for 24 hours but after soaking and cleaning the 4th leg appeared! But I will always remember the feeling of euphoria, short lived as it was!!!! I still have a buffalo nickel and that is too cool, thanks for the responses back! I will try to scan it as the camera I have will not pick up detail as well as I would like. HH!

Here are the pics I scanned!

Attachments

• buffalo best.jpg
    buffalo best.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 484
  • indian best.jpg
    indian best.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 491
I've yet to find one with a readable date..as for making it look better, you might do a search in the "Cleaning Finds" section of the forum..somebody's probably done a post on nickels.. HH Roadrunner_426

aint a whole lot you can do to improve it, and the value isnt that much anyhow, but a good find and if your hitting those, the gold jewelry will soon follow....................

I went out last night after a shower (rain) and picked up a couple more wheat pennies. I was surprised at how good they looked. I guess I am hooked as I am now going through my change jar! HH!

Sorry to hear about the 4th leg spittfire. I have yet to find a Buff. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, that one is in bad shape, but at least you can read the date. I've found three buffs this year and none have a date :(

Back
Top Bottom