The FORCE is strong with this one!

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
OK, so how many of you believe in a power, a FORCE if you will, that often guides a hunter toward the good stuff? I bring up for discussion the uncanny ability some hunters have that always seems to guide that coil over the best targets.

For those who hunt often with fellow hunters this force is more noticeable although It can be seen by the lone Jedi as well. For years I had attributed this ability, often called "luck", to experience in knowing where to look. I'm sure this plays a role in success but there are times when knowing where to look isn't a factor. In an open field comes to mind yet the coil yielding Jedi somehow manages to pull the good stuff out of the backside.

As I've stated before when our group hunts we always try and call everyone over to check a potential target. This not only helps each hunter to learn how their detector responds to a target, but it can build confidence in your detectors ability. So John, Cassey and I have yet to find a really good target that all detectors could not find so this would mean there are no real advantages, in most cases, from the detector. Yet again, the Jedi always manages to find the good stuff.

As a Jedi I have experienced or felt the presents of the force many times even when alone. That little voice(possibly Yoda?) that says "Let go your feelings, use the force" and look over there. I have learned that following that voice, more often than not, turns out to be the right thing. I have turned up some really good stuff following only that voice. What seems odd is that future returns to that same location and exhaustive hunts reveals I was guided to the only good stuff from the start.

I think there is a bit of Jedi in us all and in time we learn to use the force. How about yourself, ever use the force while detecting?

May the Force be with you!

Wow very prophetic :lol: I have no one to hunt with, I have tried with my son and hubby but they are not into it. So I am a lone hunter who is guided to TRASH 90% of the time. However, I got on the UK site the other night and found a farm land program for the DFX. After sitting around and loading all the long A** settings I went out in the dark and ran it over a small area, lots of beeps and bops but when I threw a dime down she went off the scale. This is the first time I have been able to see a noticeable difference in the discrimination. I have no idea what two thirds of the settings mean and I definitely screwed up when it came time to do the block edit thingy with reject and accept. It said reject -31 to -95 & +95. Then I hit the wrong edit thingy and thats the setting I messed up BUT I might have accidently created my own program that is totally awesome and will find me the treasures of Delaware. Time will be the true test of that statement. :yes: I would like to work with an "expert" seeker and have found a club in my area, my question is this....I have acquired quite a few properties with loads of potential, if I join a club do we give up those properties for the good of all or do we not share and be mean and selfish? I would feel really bad after all the time I have spent cleaning out the trash only to have a Jedi come onto my properties and clean up the good stuff with me crying on the sidelines :mad: I haven't joined yet and I am still thinking this one out, any suggestions would be welcome :lol:

I have acquired quite a few properties with loads of potential, if I join a club do we give up those properties for the good of all or do we not share and be mean and selfish? I would feel really bad after all the time I have spent cleaning out the trash only to have a Jedi come onto my properties and clean up the good stuff with me crying on the sidelines

Very good question. To hoard or not to hoard that favorite or potentially hot spot.

My view is probably a bit different than most. After close to 30 years of detecting I've found ALMOST everything I could hope for. For this reason I now get as much excitement when someone else finds something good as if I had found it myself. Sure, I'd prefer finding that extra good find myself, but when it comes to a lot of finds I would rather they be found by the new hunter then I can enjoy the feeling they get from that first find.

I take John and Cassey out to my field of rings and hope they find as many as I do. I could keep this location to myself and slowly hunt the lost loot myself, but it's not near as fun as watching them dig them up.

Now with that being said. I do keep a few select locations to myself. These are locations that would not be that rewarding for others but mean a lot to me. My great great grandfather founded a small community just south of Dodge City back in 1885. The community is now long gone and all that remains is open fields and a few scattered farm houses. I hunt this site for my own gratification and will keep it to myself out of respect for my ancestors.

Have you considered a writing career? Cool story. I can honestly tell you that the old Bluesmaster tune stating "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all." applies in my case. But luck probably bows to experience and plain hard work in this case. I bet you have plenty of both. The force that guides you is the intuition you get from experiencing previous finds and "knowing" where to look is reminscent of where you found items in the past.
Or maybe you were a treasure hunter in a previous life? :spin:
I must be off! :spin:

Awesome post D. I am a firm believer in "the Force" although I can't say that I am very good at utilizing it. It has served me well in other applications. Being fairly new at this game, I am still in the learning the machine, and cover every square inch mode.

As stated I'm my forum status as a newbie, I am still guided by "Jedoo" who leads me to dig 99.99% doodoo. He gave me a lead zinc ingot, and then a copper ingot. Now that leads me to believe I am meant to crossover into Jedidom. I would speculate this means next is the bronze ingot, the silver, and then the GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the force be with you.

Actually, I am gilded by my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, who will provide what I need, and counsels me to just have a good time of it.

Detector said:
That little voice(possibly Yoda?) that says "Let go your feelings, use the force" and look over there.

You are lucky. You only have one little voice talking to you. The little voices I hear seem to argue a lot in a language I don't understand (I think it's French. They where speaking Russian for a while but then I changed medications.) They seem to have no interest in metal detecting.

You are lucky. You only have one little voice talking to you. The little voices I hear seem to argue a lot in a language I don't understand (I think it's French. They where speaking Russian for a while but then I changed medications.) They seem to have no interest in metal detecting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have many times been out hunting, not finding much an about to move to a diffrent spot an something just tells me to make 1 more pass before I give up an bling, there it is.This has happen quite a few times, not sure if its all luck are what, but to hunt for an hour an then tell yourself 1 more pass then I will move an then find the gold, there something to this. :?: :?:

Ever hear of the book called "The Secret" I believe the same concept applies here. Yet, I am a pretty big fan of Star Wars as well. May the force be with us all! lol

Back
Top Bottom