Minelab help needed

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
I've got a Safari and the headphones just stopped working. I assumed it was the headphones but have tried several pairs and nothing...

The external speaker still works so the machine is usable but really prefer headphones.

Any thoughts?

I've got a Safari and the headphones just stopped working. I assumed it was the headphones but have tried several pairs and nothing...

The external speaker still works so the machine is usable but really prefer headphones.

Any thoughts?

I'd factory reset it, if that doesn't work it might need to be sent in. First factory reset it though, I know you can with Explorers, so I assume the Safari also has a reset feature.

Would think it is the headphone jack in the housing since other working headphones did not resolve the issue.

Sorry but that would mean a trip to Minelab for repairs.

Jeff

The Safari does have a factory reset so I would try that first. I've never had my headphones quit on my detector but have had similar problems with headphones not working but external speaker still working on several iPhones. Those were caused by dirt particles getting into the jack and I fixed it by using a can of compressed air (like you would use to clean a computer keyboard) and gently blowing air into the headphone jack to get the dirt out. Never tried it on a detector though...

Sounds like you isolated the problem to the headphone jack. I've set down my machine and had sand get in there. In place of compressed air, I removed the batteries and then used isoproposal (rubbing) alcohol and q-tips to flush out the debris. Then I waited a day to let the fluid evaporate before I inserted the batteries.

Problem solved!

Thanks guys.

Tried the reset and compressed air to no avail. A Q-tip and some alcohol did the trick. A pretty good amount of dirt came out that way and now all works well. :dingding:

Thanks guys.

Tried the reset and compressed air to no avail. A Q-tip and some alcohol did the trick. A pretty good amount of dirt came out that way and now all works well. :dingding:
Oh-yeah!!!! That will be $59.95, thank you, come again. LOL :laughing:
Glad one of our tricks worked and you didn't have to send out the machine!

Back
Top Bottom