Where r the Texans

Garrettnewbie

Where are all the detectorists in and around the Waco TX area? I'm just getting started detecting, and have chatted with one other Wacoan but I could swear I've seen several different hunting buddy teams swinging their detectors. So my question is; where are they? Maybe they just don't know about the forum.:?:

Fears an reservations

I am told some locals won't post on this sight after some bad experiences try some other forums.

I am told some locals won't post on this sight after some bad experiences try some other forums.

Wow This is about one of the nicest forums I have found but of course all forums are what you make them or contribute to them But I can tell you this as for as me Its just Dad Blame hot now wait til fall and check back

Probably so hot down there that they are in some air conditioned place pouring down some cold ones ;).

Bingo, <burp>! I would still do early morning hunts to maybe noon as long as there was a stiff breeze, and shade to swing in, especially with friend(s) invites. I'll tell ya, there were a couple times recently when I was out by myself for just a couple of hours and I got more than dizzy a few times. It would be easy to have heat distress. I worked in the sun and heat when younger, 12-16 hours a day sometimes. It would literally kill me today. martin

LOL Martin

Yes Sir, I am the same I just can't handle heat like I used to. Seems we heal slower and burn out faster as we get older. Almost need an electric augger to dig in the ground down here around Austin anyways it so dry its like concrette. I have found a honey hole for IH pennies but just can't get back out there early enough so just gonna wait til it cools off some and go get some more of them little critters, got some from the late 1800s and found out there used to be a mobile trading post that would set up there 4 or 5 times a yr that sold unbroke horses so the cowboys would get a horse cheap and break them right there so I suspect thats why so many IH pennies in that one area. Anyways good luck keep on huntin there Buddy.

Im in emory TX (about an hour east od DFW). Would like to find a group to join, or if there are any big hunts or get togethers, would drive a little.

Back
Top Bottom