why the hate for the ctx

IMO for a ET owner who knows and loves his machine I could very much see the 3030 as a nice step up. I myself do not have an ET so when I eventually get a 3030 there is going to be a steep, long learning period. This learning period scares me to all the stuff I would miss compared to my trusted machine I know like my own arm. Besides this fact, I never buy the first round of a new machine...let them work out the bugs and refine the product is my thinking. Now what tweaks me is those who are boasting the 3030 as these best machine ever made and they can out hunt any other machine...and in a way belittling the rest of us. To those people I say meet me on the beach and we will see who walks away with more loot......

The E-Trac is as complicated as you make it.

Sure it doesn't have Quarter, Nickel, Dime, Penny, pull tab symbols, etc like the Whites and Garrett, but if you use the same machine over and over you learn what the CO numbers represent.

The VDI numbers read 12-47, etc, which is a FE or ferrous number and a conductive number, FE-CO. All you have to do is pick one up an practice cherry picking CO 43 through 48, and FE 15 and lower, and you will find coin after coin. CO 43-45 dime, 46, 47 quarter, halves are FE 06- CO 46. All coins and jewelry come you FE 12 except for Halves and Dollars.

As for as a pattern you just draw a line blocking out FE 18 and higher, that is good enough to get started. Then you spend the next couple of months learning the finer points of falsing, and sweeping just like any other detector.

Back
Top Bottom