My first star bases

Dad2kmr

Did some scouting today on a property I've done a little research on. I already knew it had probably been hunted hard before but figured I'd give it a shot. I didn't find much, some small pieces of lead and what's-it's. My buddy Stan managed to pull a nice Williams cleaner but that was about it. Moved on and did some door knocking on a couple promising properties, but received some friendly "no" answers lol. Very friendly people though. Really didn't want to get skunked on the day so hit a site that's always produced something when we go and it didn't let me down. Stan pulled a nice .69 minie ball, an eagle coat button and a couple three ringers. I managed to get two .58 minies and was happy to avoid the goose egg. Got home cleaned em up and saw stars in the bases. a first for me and really made the long day worth it to me. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 356
Thanks you sir, never had much chance to hunt old military site so I really have limited knowledge on these items

Wow , now that's a piece of lead , that's on my bucket list . Going back home this summer to WV. plan to do some hunting there and maybe I'll get lucky . Nice find

Nice 'star bases" there!

I've checked all the 3-ringers I've found and have yet to find any.

Wow those are a couple of really good finds! Of all the 58's I've found I've never found a Star base... so this is one of the things at the top of my bucket list. Great hunt!

Back
Top Bottom