Leaflets that were dropped on Japan

Glennz

Elite Member
I have several different leaflets that were dropped on Japan during WW2 and am wondering what the values may be. Google does not seem to help much and I can't find any on feebay.

One of the ones I have is the well known Lemay Leaflet
31.jpg

Not sure how rare these things are but its hard to find photos online.

It depends on what someone is willing to pay.
There were and still are leaflets dropped by the tens of thousands and sometimes into the millions depending on the target and the surcomstances. The condition and content is key. When they come up, most are $10-$50. Same ones in different conditions. Some of the rarer one go $50-$150. Even rarer maybe $200-$300, these are usually WWI. Much older! These are the average prices of what I have seen in the past. If they are larger going into poster size. $100-$500 or more depending on the content and rarity.
Remember most of the one in good condition were souvenirs and never dropped.
I don't really know how many people collect these. A Military auction or the Show of Shows in Louisville, Kentucky may be your best bet for top dollar. I'm not an expert on these, I just have an interest....and a small modern collection.

In the circles are the name of the cities we plan on bombing. On the back a message roughly translates into:
ATTENTION JAPANESE PEOPLE
Read this carefully as it may save your life or the life of a relative or a friend. In the next few days, four or more of the cities named on the reverse side of this leaflet will be destroyed by American bombs. These cities contain military installations and workshops or factories, which produce military goods. We are determined to destroy all of the tools of the military clique that they are using to prolong this useless war. Unfortunately, bombs have no eyes. So, in accordance with America's well-known humanitarian policies, the American Air Force, which does not wish to injure innocent people, now gives you warning to evacuate the cities named and save your lives.
America is not fighting the Japanese people but is fighting the military clique, which has enslaved the Japanese people. The peace, which America will bring, will free the people from the oppression of the Japanese military clique and mean the emergence of a new and better Japan.
You can restore peace by demanding new and better leaders who will end the War.
We cannot promise that only these cities will be among those attacked, but at least four will be, so heed this warning and evacuate these cities immediately.

Thanks for the info. I won't part with them as it was my grandfathers stuff from when he was in the service and is now no more.. Thought I might have had something though seeing how the internet had limited photos.

Back
Top Bottom