going wireless , any thoughts or opinions?

Bounder

I have a garret ace 250 and want to go with wireless headphones. I have looked at the z link system but wanted some second opinions before I spring for anything.

Many of us have bought low latency Bluetooth transmitters and earbuds. They work well, cost less and you have more choices on the headgear.

Don't know anything about the zlink but I will say it is awesome being wireless. No cords to get in your way. Any delay that some mention is so negligible that you really don't notice a difference. Make sure you get the correct latency for you whether its earbuds or headphones is the key. Highly recommend it. Good luck !

This past year I bought a Garrett Z-Lynk wireless setup for my AT Pro and I love it. Got a good deal on it from Quality Metal Detectors, one of this forum's sponsors. Lightning fast....no lag whatsoever. Twenty plus hours between charges. I bought the one that has completely wireless headphones rather than the one where you have a receiver which is then connected by a wire to a set of headphones.

Z-Lynk is a quality product. If you can afford it, go for it! Being wireless is the BEST! You'll never want to go back to corded...

I was thinking about going this route and mounting it into a small waterproof case ( mounted on the detector) so I can still use it in the water.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluetooth travels very poorly through water.

I have a garret ace 250 and want to go with wireless headphones. I have looked at the z link system but wanted some second opinions before I spring for anything.

If I recall correctly APTX low latency has an imperceptible delay of 40ms. ZLynk claims to be 17ms. The point is that nobody could tell the difference with either one.

The batteries in the Z lynk transmitter/receiver do last a very long time. If the low battery light isn't on, then I figure I'm good for at least a couple of hours without additional charging.

My Z lynk is older so it's the model with the transmitter and receiver, and the headphones have a cord to the receiver. I usually wear an undershirt and I just run the cord down my back (between the two shirts) and clip the receiver onto the back of my belt. It doesn't get in the way at all, but I do like completely wireless better.

I can't speak for other wireless brands since I have not used them personally, but I have been very pleased with the wireless Minelab headphones that were included with my Nox 800.

Thanx for all the input. I have decided on the ms3 zlink..My season has pretty much ended but I hope to get lots of use out of it next year.

I know the zlink that you plug your personal headphones in are great..i charged them up maybe once a month, and probably didn't need to do that..id say I hunted 25 hours easily and never ran out of juice

I have looked at the z link system but wanted some second opinions before I spring for anything.

Radio of any kind is well, "a radiating" energy. It is not good for you even in tiny doses, it eventually adds up. Can you go for years and not be affected? Who knows and would they tell you if they did? Wait, I know, sound will go thru tin foil but it should stop weak radiation. maybe wear the tinfoil hat under it? :laughing:

Ten years ago I was using a Radio Shack setup on my DFX. It worked great while it lasted. Of course, they’re now both obsolete.

Thanx for all the input. I have decided on the ms3 zlink..My season has pretty much ended but I hope to get lots of use out of it next year.

If you get the zlynk you might be tempted to add their zlynk capable pinpointer too. I don't have one partly because I prefer to use them in silent vibration mode.

It is awesome, no more snagging cord and swinging it out of the way to dig. Do it, you will not regret it.
I had the Zlink system, it would not work with my detectors (non Garrett) but seemed to be made very well.

I was thinking about going this route and mounting it into a small waterproof case ( mounted on the detector) so I can still use it in the water.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluetooth travels very poorly through water.

That's correct.

Yes, BT runs at 2.4GHz and under water does not go far.
Does Zombie mean Under Water? or detecting in the Water, wading the shallows?

If wading the shallows this would work fine. If the detector's water proof case is plastic (non-conductive) then mount the BT TX module inside the case. Pair this with water proof headphones and you have a nice wireless beach detector.

Yes, BT runs at 2.4GHz and under water does not go far.
Does Zombie mean Under Water? or detecting in the Water, wading the shallows?

If wading the shallows this would work fine. If the detector's water proof case is plastic (non-conductive) then mount the BT TX module inside the case. Pair this with water proof headphones and you have a nice wireless beach detector.

I would be in the shallows, maybe the control panel might be underwater momentarily but not consistently. I was actually going to mount it into a small plastic waterproof case I have with the ability of taking it out for other uses and having a headphone plug available to plug in directly if needed.

I would be in the shallows, maybe the control panel might be underwater momentarily but not consistently. I was actually going to mount it into a small plastic waterproof case I have with the ability of taking it out for other uses and having a headphone plug available to plug in directly if needed.

That is what I though you meant but someone else interpreted differently.

Back
Top Bottom