Question

Sercher

Hi I signed up for this forum a year ago but have been busy pouring concrete I Metal detect when I can on sidewalk tear outs and road tear outs I have been doing pretty good I heard of a new group hunt held in northern New York Called Dig Stock 2020 it is on the same land as pound the ground last year I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be wise to sign up and rehunt that land anyone’s opinion would be greatly appreciated thank you

Not sure it is wise to hunt those same grounds, but the experience of meeting and hunting with some of the best in this hobby now that would be something really very special. Oh and welcome to the hobby and to the forum from Wisconsin's now near frozen Tundra. Trapper

I've always wondered how many construction workers do a quick scan with a detector. They're always tearing out curbs around here to make them accessible, but I have to have very good timing because they add the gravel base right away. Plus, I'm not going to risk messing up their string lines. I've never seen any workers with a detector.

Anyway, I saw the info about the hunt and it sounds to me like the property is so large that they didn't hunt all of it last year. Perhaps some will be the same and some new sections have been "added". Sounds like fun, but it's a heck of a drive or expensive flight.

Last edited:
Hi I signed up for this forum a year ago but have been busy pouring concrete I Metal detect when I can on sidewalk tear outs and road tear outs I have been doing pretty good I heard of a new group hunt held in northern New York Called Dig Stock 2020 it is on the same land as pound the ground last year I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be wise to sign up and rehunt that land anyone’s opinion would be greatly appreciated thank you

Here you go:

"This event will feature at least 600+ new acres of property to detect, along with what was available last year."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/digstock-2020-tickets-77965786767

It says that things we all might want to find have been found on these lands. Any documentation or film regarding these finds? One or two finds? Hoards? Those are some pretty rich tickets to travel 2,000 miles to find a musket ball. I don’t want to sound like I’m not going(I’m not) but after tickets are sold, someone just collected $100,000+. Think about that for just a second, and why you might want to put on this event.:gettinmoney:

Are the 600 new acres virgin ground or have they been detected before? I'd be shocked if it was virgin ground. The only virgin spots I find are deep in the woods. Open fields are obvious places to hunt and probably have been detected many times in the last 50 years.

I’m trying to figure out how to download the pictures to my computer learning curve And then get them on the post

I know no one’s going to believe me but I just posted a picture of a 1916 D Mercury dime that I found in a tear out I’m not sure if the Picture went through

I know no one’s going to believe me but I just posted a picture of a 1916 D Mercury dime that I found in a tear out I’m not sure if the Picture went through
i believe you, 16D mercs aren’t that uncommon. I know of several found, even my dirtfishing buddy has dug one here in my hometown.

Like Pound the Ground, I'm of the opinion that this event is one big "money grab" for the sponsor. That doesn't mean that anyone going wouldn't have fun or enjoy being there, it's just not for me.

I’m trying to figure out how to download the pictures to my computer learning curve And then get them on the post

I know no one’s going to believe me but I just posted a picture of a 1916 D Mercury dime that I found in a tear out
I’m not sure if the Picture went through

Did not see the pic online yet.....

Here's a thread that should help as far as posting on the forum -

Posting pictures help (with graphic examples)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248949

Back
Top Bottom