So I detected a dog today

PAslawslayer

My friend’s wife noticed her gold hoop earring was missing shortly after loving up their new puppy. They couldn’t find the earring anywhere and worried the dog may have swallowed it..so they asked me to bring my detector over to see if it would pick up a signal in the new hound. I fired up the nox 800 on park 2 and got a solid 2 on the VDI at about rib #4 from the tail end. Digging the signal wasn’t an option, so now I get the honor of going over there every day to check piles of fresh dog turd in their yard until it’s recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3340f9bff65e9b538616b3094583acac.jpg

My friend’s wife noticed her gold hoop earring was missing shortly after loving up their new puppy. They couldn’t find the earring anywhere and worried the dog may have swallowed it..so they asked me to bring my detector over to see if it would pick up a signal in the new hound. I fired up the nox 800 on park 2 and got a solid 2 on the VDI at about rib #4 from the tail end. Digging the signal wasn’t an option, so now I get the honor of going over there every day to check piles of fresh dog turd in their yard until it’s recovered.

It will be very interesting to see if you do find it. The signal sounds right.

It would make for an interesting YouTube video if I find it. Imagining me acting excited on video while spraying a fresh pile of dog !!!! in my hand with a little water sprayer to reveal a gold earring.

Well in all the md'ing forum show & tell stories I've read over the years, this has to be a first.

About 20 yrs. ago, A friend of mine's toddler was seated at a table, playing with coins that were in a pile on the table. And out of the corner of the mother's eye, she thought she saw her toddler son put something in his mouth. She rushed over, pulled the kid's hand away from the kid's mouth. But there was nothing in his mouth or hand.

She became concerned that he'd swallowed a coin (because you know how toddler's are fond of putting things in their mouth).

The mom & dad called on me to run my detector over the kid. Sure enough: A penny signal coming from his stomach ! A day or so later, it came out in his diaper :laughing:

Generally, about how close to the colon do you think it is, per this photo?

Attachments

• E2AA4A31-D6D3-44F4-8019-DEFBCD3A628C.jpeg
    E2AA4A31-D6D3-44F4-8019-DEFBCD3A628C.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 492
Since I saved them a vet bill, I think I should get at least a nice Christmas card. Next time I may charge them for a new CTX 3030

Oh and I used the new coiltek 10x5 to find it in case anyone wants to know how well the coil does on gold inside an animal.

It'd be fun to monitor it's movement, besides if it gets stuck in an intestine she could begin to vomit. Seem the colon track has it high near the spine and a good handheld pinpointer might read it. Cool lab project.

Good job. Thats the first I heard of. A word of caution, if that hoop was opened ended with a stud it could lodge or worse tear. An xray for that cute little fellow might be a good thing. Good luck and will be interested to see how things comes out. Literally Mark

I gave my friend my simplex to check on it. The simplex barely found it though. The problem with tracking the earring in a small puppy is that the intestines, ect are in a very small area. And my garret pro pinpointer also couldn’t really pick it up even on the max setting. a couple small chirps but that was it. It does however have depth marks and is water proof so there are options

Good luck and will be interested to see how things comes out. Literally Mark[/QUOTE]

[emoji23]. Yes you are right. They are actually taking her to the vet tomorrow for an X-ray and professional advice. I’ll keep everyone posted on the progress as this was a funny situation but potentially dangerous as well. This is their child basically so they are taking the situation very seriously, but appreciate the humor in the story. That’s why I felt compelled to tell it here.

If it's small it might be passed by tomorrow. They should still test the poop, so to say. Google says 24 hour is enough time.

If it's small it might be passed by tomorrow. They should still test the poop, so to say. Google says 24 hour is enough time.

Thank you for your concern and the time you put into researching this. I’m a dog lover myself and am also concerned. I’m sure I’ll be detecting some “hot rocks” tomorrow and will let you know the status of the situation.

:lol: :laughing: :lol: :laughing:

And I felt silly detecting my sleeping bag a couple weeks ago... (silver dime was in there, though!).

- Dave

You can use metal detectors for lots of unexpected things. I've used my pinpointer to locate nails in the walls. Yes, as a matter of fact I have detected my dog before, but he was innocent of the suspected crime, I later found the recently dug barber dime that had vanished from the edge of my desk in a jacket pocket with absolutely zero memory of putting it there.

Back
Top Bottom