• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Button ID

donbendit

I had a little free time this afternoon so I went to our farm for 2 hours and hit a hot spot. I found this button and I assume it civil war because it was near some trenches. I would appreciate it if someone can give me some info on it. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 235
That's a really nice looking button, congrats!

I had ancestors who fought from Coosa County Alabama, wonder if they wore buttons similar...

Thanks for the id copperhead. Doesn't seem to be much info about this button online. I wonder if that means it's rare. It strange I found it in a union camp. I agree bbsgal it is a nice looking button. Thanks

Very, very nice button in great condition. Was the Union camp in an area of combat? Possibly off a POW. We found a Confederate script E button in a Union camp 3 miles behind the main lines around Petersburg. We always said it was probably off a POW. If you read my thread, Civil War Relics of the past, I tell of an Alabama Map button I found in the middle of a Union Calvary camp under the same conditions,

Acey

That's a really nice looking button, congrats!

I had ancestors who fought from Coosa County Alabama, wonder if they wore buttons similar...

I had ancestors from Coosa Co. also, named Adair and Partridge. Town of Goodwater. Several were in the CW.

The ACC button is outstanding. Congrats.

I had a little free time this afternoon so I went to our farm for 2 hours and hit a hot spot. I found this button and I assume it civil war because it was near some trenches. I would appreciate it if someone can give me some info on it. Thanks
Nice find!! There are 2 different makers of the Alabama button and 3 different backmarks. Depending on the backmark you can put a close time period on it. What is the backmark? Can you post a picture of the back? It can also be a New York Albany Citizens Corps button with the same backmark as one of the Alabama backmarks. There is one that has an identical face to the Alabama button. So if it's one of the other Alabama backmarks we'll know it's Alabama. HH 401K

It could also be a New York Albany Burgesses Corps button:shock:

Scott the button has A C C the Albany Burgesses Corps looks like this
and has the letters A B C

Attachments

• Albany B cadet button.jpg
    Albany B cadet button.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 157
Scott the button has A C C the Albany Burgesses Corps looks like this
and has the letters A B C
dAN ( NY 67b ) edit wrong # (NY 69b) Exact as OP page 208 Alberts. Tice says NY is identical face as Alabama page 250 ( ABS282 ) Albany Citizens Corps Button.21mm and 23mm the NY 23mm is as Tice puts it "extremely rare". Tice ( NY 244 ).:shock:

dAN ( NY 67b ) Exact as OP page 208 Alberts Tice says NY is identical face as Alabama.:shock:

hey look again sunshine , your looking at the ny69b and thats the Albany Citizen corps not the albany Burgesses corps . you can't even get it right :p

hey look again sunshine , your looking at the ny69b and thats the Albany Citizen corps not the albany Burgesses corps . you can't even get it right :p
Chead it can be a NY button " Tice says NY is identical face as Alabama page 250 " At least the OP knows that there are more facts about his button for a proper ID not just your usually wrong ID. I'M surprised you didn't call it Jacksonian seeing that you don't even know what a Jacksonian button is:shock:

Back
Top Bottom