20 hour “feeding frenzy”

That is truly epic Ronon-senpai! Wow! :shock::shock::shock:

So much work! You must be so tired and sore!
I just hunted 4 nights in a row for the first time ever and I feel completely beat up! And I just barely hit the 15 hour mark.

I totally recognize some of those silvers! The T&Co Atlas is exactly like the one I found a while back, as well as one of those silver feather pendants. Must be popular stuff!

And all that clad-- holy cow. The totals on clad alone have got to be over ichi-man, right? That's fantastic!

Also-- you cleaned that 50cal casing so well! I've got a bunch of those that i've never even attempted cleaning-- what did you use? Forgive my complete ignorance, but are there ever any dangerous parts left over in old rounds like that? Like if I find one intact would it be dangerous to run electrolysis on it? I seriously don't know the first thing about firearms (new or old), so I'm vaguely wary.

Anyhow-- seriously congrats! Amazing work out there!

Last edited:
Must have been pullin them in hand over fist... tighten up the hernia belt and back the Brinks truck up.lol... right place ,right time.. gotta be there when the vault opens and you were..congrats. . I would have to invest in a quart of muscle rub after that marathon. ..

Wow what a great post, with even better finds. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Cellrdwellr, made round to go round :yes:

Now this is a great tale! You have fought a legendary battle, and slayed scores of formidable opponents. Your rewards have been well earned. Your inspirations will live on!

Thanks Foragist :lol: but in reality just ended up like that guy in the vid totally spent after each hunt :lol:

Wow, :shock: awesome job. :yes: Couldn't imagine just picking up that many targets, let alone having to detect, scoop, sift out the goodies and repeat. Helluva job, great timing and a great post :grin:

Thanks brother :yes: get in the zone and it’s painless, time just flies. It’s later at work that kills me :lol:

Awesome! Love seeing these high quality posts. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Jacob, will try :lol:

:dingding: That's for all the gold! :wow: That's for all the coinage!!! AMAZING amount! What's the total in dollars? 6 figures? ;) BTW I am VERY proud of you for achieving your very 1st FELIX penny! :dingding: You get the dinger for that as well! :lol:

Thanks Felix, think I’ll frame it and keep it as my lucky penny :lol:

I’m probably the only one who has found all the US denotations in silver, a gold eagle, a buff, an Indian and all modern US clad except the clad 1/2 dollar and dollar before finding a ZINC penny :lol:

Total dollar value? A bit more than for US coins :D
Pm sent

Lesson learned: Zincs don’t last long in the tumbler :lol: but they come out with character :D

AMAZING your stamina first of all, WTG on getting back out there day after day. Aside from the shiny metals you must have KILLED it on spendable clad! Ideas on your take?

Thanks Zee, for me stamina is one of the most valuable things that you just can’t buy or get over night. :lol: Took over 30 years of blood, sweat and tears while long distance running, hiking and climbing to get :yes:

How much in spendable clad? 1,254 coins worth :lol: I like to keep it real so happy with just the coin count :yes:
Pm sent

You really do understand the meaning ":workforgold:" and deserve any treasure you find.:tiphat:

Thanks Frank, much appreciated my friend :yes:

Man love, LOVE, the pics. The rectangular trash pics are awesome. Wow, digger extraordinary! Love the gold too of course, and the silver as well. Awesome seeing you back posting!

Awesome post, pics and story. I like that you post pics of all the trash targets to put everything into perspective. Nice job.

Thanks Spenglure :yes:

That is truly epic Ronon-senpai! Wow! :shock::shock::shock:

So much work! You must be so tired and sore!
I just hunted 4 nights in a row for the first time ever and I feel completely beat up! And I just barely hit the 15 hour mark.

I totally recognize some of those silvers! The T&Co Atlas is exactly like the one I found a while back, as well as one of those silver feather pendants. Must be popular stuff!

And all that clad-- holy cow. The totals on clad alone have got to be over ichi-man, right? That's fantastic!

Also-- you cleaned that 50cal casing so well! I've got a bunch of those that i've never even attempted cleaning-- what did you use? Forgive my complete ignorance, but are there ever any dangerous parts left over in old rounds like that? Like if I find one intact would it be dangerous to run electrolysis on it? I seriously don't know the first thing about firearms (new or old), so I'm vaguely wary.

Anyhow-- seriously congrats! Amazing work out there!

Thanks TK :lol: You mad girl 4 night hunts in a row :shock: :lol: most I ever did was three 5-6 hour night hunts with work during the day. Had to stay at home on the forth night due to hallucinations on the last night’s drive home :lol:

Yeah was a bit worse for wear, was totally exhausted. Took me a week of sleeping and eating as much as possible before I could even think about going for another hunt :lol: Got off light the only pain was from my stone bruised feet :lol:

I put that 50cal in the rock tumbler for a few hours with stainless steel polishing shot. A fired round like that is safe, you can see it’s empty and in my last pic of it end on you’ll see an indentation in the center. That means the primer has been struck and fired.
Intact ammo (even if found in deep water) I wouldn’t put anywhere near electrolysis or a tumbler. Me personally I’d hand it in to the local police, unfired corroded ammo is just not worth the risk keeping.

The best bet for ammo that you’re not sure about is to post pics in the forum asking for advice or find someone near you with experience and knowledge in ammunition, got to be a marine close to where you live :D

Must have been pullin them in hand over fist... tighten up the hernia belt and back the Brinks truck up.lol... right place ,right time.. gotta be there when the vault opens and you were..congrats. . I would have to invest in a quart of muscle rub after that marathon. ..

Thanks Bootyhound, yeah :lol: sometimes was stuck in the same spot for up to 20min coins everywhere, think I was finished take a step or two back and swing finding more do it again and more kick the sand around and yet more :shock: :yes:

Man love, LOVE, the pics. The rectangular trash pics are awesome. Wow, digger extraordinary! Love the gold too of course, and the silver as well. Awesome seeing you back posting!

Thanks GS, starting to like trash art, wonder if someone would buy a limited edition signed print :lol:

Amazing report G- congrats on all the treasure! You obviously know that when the going is good you have to push yourself to get all you can before the window of opportunity closes again. That takes a lot of willpower, especially, when you are still working. Very impressive! :wow::yes::shock:

Amazing report G- congrats on all the treasure! You obviously know that when the going is good you have to push yourself to get all you can before the window of opportunity closes again. That takes a lot of willpower, especially, when you are still working. Very impressive! :wow::yes::shock:

Thanks George :yes: yeah conditions like that are very rare and don’t last long sometimes only for a few hours then nothing.
Never did I think I’d be at it for soooo long :shock:
Only willpower needed was to end the hunt on time and show up for work :lol: was really tempted to take a few days off :D

my friend 18kRonin !
you keep a level of skill and perseverance at a high level.
my congratulations on a good hunt!

Back
Top Bottom