Button ID

donbendit where or what state was the button found in ?? This may help out some to determine what your button is .

At least the OP knows that there are more facts about his button for a proper ID

Yes and the factyou calling it an Albany Burgesses Corps kinda goes against that doesn't it :yes: , then you trying to point out that I was wrong , then quickley edit your posts to fix that mistake because you can't use a book correctly :wow: , reading is fundamental Scott...

I'M surprised you didn't call it Jacksonian seeing that you don't even know what a Jacksonian button is:shock:

unlike you Scott I don't exaggerate about finds mine or even yours :D, I know its hard for you to believe but it doesn't help anyone here on this forum to provide them with inaccurate information . ...

thats what forums are for , the sharing of factual information that is use full .

I appreciate all the info.

It could be a ny. A few years ago I found a sny buckle not too far away. I'll go try and clean the back up a little bit and post a pic. It was found on the bottom of a hill that trenches sit on top of. I was told 20,000 union troops were stationed there. There was however confederate stuff found in the area. In a field about 1000 yards from the acc buttons location a guy found a couple Mississippi buttons and a Louisiana buckle.

Back

It's hard to see but maybe this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 53
Another of the back

Still not very legible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
Hey Donnie. I've got some info on the button. Pretty much the same as what these guys are saying. The Albany Citizen's Corps and Alabama Corps of Cadets share the same button face with no apparent differences.

The size and back-mark can help pinpoint which it is. The were both made by Scovill Button Co. The buttons were in 14.5, 21 & 23mm. The 14.5, cuff buttons are the hardest to tell because they both have the same back-mark also "Scovill MFG. Co"

The buttons found in true Alabama camps, have mostly had the back-mark of "Scovill Mfg Co. Superfine" for coat sized buttons, but also "Scovill Mfg Co." for the cuff sized buttons.

I've spoke to a few folks about it, and they are saying more than likely it's Alabama, judging by where it was found. But, like you said, NY stuff has been found nearby as well.

Either way it's a super rare button, and a super find.

Thanks mike

I'll bring it with me next time we go out there and you can check it out and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom