Two Silver Rings plus...kind of a day!

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I went to a sports field I had never been to. It had been cherry picked of all the 3" and less drops. Most of my finds were in the 3" to 8" range. All finds were found today at this one area.

I found three rings but only two were .925 silver and a 19" very thin .925 silver necklace.

The silver ring with the stones was found in the field masked by a corroded zinc cent about 4" down. After recovering the zinc cent coin and hitting the hole again with the coil, the ring was found. The other silver ring was found underneath the aluminum bench about 3" down. And the very thin silver necklace was found about 1 1/2" down.

The $20.00 in clad was a nice treat to fill up the pouch with. Never-the-less, today, I found 57 dimes with just broke my previous record of 56 dimes.

In my opinion the NOX does a great job of unmasking the good targets from iron and zinc.

Thanks stopping by!

Attachments

• Coins 2 silver rings 070718 001.jpg
    Coins 2 silver rings 070718 001.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 307
  • Coins 2 silver rings 070718 002.jpg
    Coins 2 silver rings 070718 002.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Coins 2 silver rings 070718 003.jpg
    Coins 2 silver rings 070718 003.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Coins 2 silver rings 070718 004.jpg
    Coins 2 silver rings 070718 004.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Coins 2 silver rings 070718 005.jpg
    Coins 2 silver rings 070718 005.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 279
Awesome hunt Jak, thats alot of diggin'. Mega clad for sure. Congrats on the shiney, I like the claddah. HH Mark

Congrats on a ton of clad and all that silver!! Did the chain ring up in the 1-2 range?

Thank you!

Heck of a nice hunt, and amazing hunting grounds!

Congrats on the clad mega haul and silvers!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Many of these finds were two shovel down deep too.

Congrats on the pair of silver rings, silver necklace and the clad haul...fine hunt!

Thanks Captain Silver! Since I did not find any silver coins there, I will take the jewelry as a consolation prize.

Awesome hunt Jak, thats alot of diggin'. Mega clad for sure. Congrats on the shiney, I like the claddah. HH Mark

Thanks markinswpa! I would of been happy with just one ring. Even the junker ring made my day too.

Congrats on a ton of clad and all that silver!! Did the chain ring up in the 1-2 range?

Thanks NCtoad! Those clad days sure are a good workout. The very thin chain was stretched out probably like four inches and it rang in like 27ish. Although it was not very deep, I was glad to see it did pickup the thin silver. I have had good similar results in the past too with the thin silver chains. Numbers would range from 23-27.

The silver ring with the stones was found in the field masked by a corroded zinc cent about 4" down. After recovering the zinc cent coin and hitting the hole again with the coil, the ring was found.

In my opinion the NOX does a great job of unmasking the good targets from iron and zinc.

Nice finds, congrats on the silvers!!

You do know, your machine didn't unmasked that ring with the zinc penny, you did... :yes: Good job!

<°)))>{

Thank you!

Nice finds, congrats on the silvers!!

You do know, your machine didn't unmasked that ring with the zinc penny, you did... :yes: Good job!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice Scratcher! But the machine sure helps and I sure can use it.

Congrats on the loot!

Thanks metaladdict! Clad, silver and junk is welcomed by me.

Wow! That's some serious hunting, Congrats on the nice sterlings and massive clad haul!

Thanks Ron71! Since I been using my NOX, my finds have increased nicely for whatever the reasons might be.

hell of a hunt congrats:D

Thanks brncofan! Finding clad gives my the exercise. Finding the silver gets my heart pumping.

Wow! That's a huge hunt..Congrats!

Thanks GeneralQuarters! I am having a good year by my standards for the number of clad dimes I have found this year too.

One heck of a hunt JAK. That is a lot of clad and even more impressive the 2 Sterling Rings and a Sterling Neckless. Outstanding! Trapper

Thanks Trapper! If I had not cranked down the sensitivity while hunting under the metal bench, I probably would not have found the one ring with stones. As for the necklace, it was reassuring that the NOX detected it for being so thin and semi-stretched out.

Thank you!

Jeeezzz man, great job, that was a ton of digging!

Thanks zeemang! Some days I am more luckier than others.

Congrats on the clad! I'm tickled when I score $3.00 plus wore out!!

Thanks Chrisco! And the ironic part is, there was an attached tot lot, and I did not find a single cent or even a gum wrapper. I think someone got to it before I did.

Back
Top Bottom