A quick morning hunt

goldpaninut

I got up at 0700 and went detecting at the abandoned school again. I’ve detected the front lawn areas twice before but am still finding good stuff. It’s getting too hot now to detect in the afternoon and evenings so I detected in the shade this morning. I started out finding the usual new clad change and zinc pennies, but there were also just as many pre 82s, and they all read 78 & 79 on the VDI. There were a couple of lawn sprinklers working so I had to stay out of their way. I was squatting over a sprinkler that wasn’t operating digging a target when it went off! Really soaked me & my detector! Didn’t take long to dry though in the wretched heat…..LOL

I tried again along the west side of the school, next to the building and got a broken signal that read 91 on the VDI. I always dig those targets after almost passing up a Morgan silver dollar a couple years ago with the same signal, and up came a silver dollar sized coin! After carefully wiping it off I saw it was some kind of foreign coin. They are the same size as a Morgan, and I was sure I had found another one. Not 2 feet away I found another one under identical circumstances! I later found out they are 1 piso Philippine dollars, made of copper, nickel & zinc. I also found two 1952-D Lincoln pennies! I found $2.13 all together not counting the Philippine dollars. Wasn’t my favorite place to hunt, as it was a hot hunt with lots of traffic and truly weird looking people walking by! Have to be careful in places like this.

Attachments

• 152.  7-1-2018, Little Butte School, $2.13 plus Philippine dollars & two 1952-D pennies.jpg
    152. 7-1-2018, Little Butte School, $2.13 plus Philippine dollars & two 1952-D pennies.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 1972 & 1974 1 Piso Philippine coins and two 1952-D Lincoln pennies.jpg
    1972 & 1974 1 Piso Philippine coins and two 1952-D Lincoln pennies.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
Solid hunt Gold pan 👍
I have never seen a 91 come up on my machine but I'll keep an eye out for it.
Great report !
, Dew

Back
Top Bottom