#200 Achieved

jack&jill

Elite Member
Yesterday the 3rd of July I reached 200 Silver coins FTY. The coin a 1923 Merc came out of the ground almost black, water stained. A little Bar Keepers Helper and a Soft bristled toothbrush restored some luster again to the coin. This coin was dug at the neighbors home where I dug the Barber Half last Friday and also a 1927 SLQ (#199) on Monday morning. This update covers four hunts. The first was on Sunday evening where I dug a 1942 S War Nickel and a dateless Buffalo. The second I dug three Silvers, a Barber Dime, Merc and the above mentioned Stander. The Merc was the first of 3 yesterday. A second Merc and a Rosie were also added. Also dug a Baseball Medallion or Token, thought Jamflicker would enjoy that. This morning I came home with just a Rosie but got a great start on a herd of Buffalo's digging 3. One dateless and the other two are both 1920's. The Silver Coin count now is at 203 FTY. As the Captain would say "on to the next". Trapper

Attachments

• 7-1-18 1.jpg
    7-1-18 1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 7-2-18 .jpg
    7-2-18 .jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 7-2-18 1 .jpg
    7-2-18 1 .jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 7-3-18 .jpg
    7-3-18 .jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 7-3-18 2 .jpg
    7-3-18 2 .jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 7-4-18 1 .jpg
    7-4-18 1 .jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 7-4-18 .jpg
    7-4-18 .jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 7-3-18 3 .jpg
    7-3-18 3 .jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 7-3-18 1 .jpg
    7-3-18 1 .jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 304
You are just ON FIRE man! I wish I could have been there for that one as well,but alas,I’ve got some things to iron out. Thanks for your patience with the calls,messages,etc. I’ve just been “checked out” the last few weeks dealing with some family stuff....you know. Aside from a few quick comments I haven’t even looked at the internet.
I’m curious as to what coil you’ve been using on permissions and such....and if you’re still holding up Ok with the 17” when you use it. Lately,unless I have the harness,the 17” seems heavy,like my arm is weaker or something. I thought continuous use would build it up but it seems to be wearing it out instead!
As soon as my machine gets back from the doctor I hope to get together soon and watch some more of this “coin harvest” for myself!:grin:
Happy 4th to you and Joy and CONGRATS on a barn burner of a season so far!:cheer:

You are on fire, I swear you can smell that silver. Congratulations Trapper!

You are just ON FIRE man! I wish I could have been there for that one as well,but alas,I’ve got some things to iron out. Thanks for your patience with the calls,messages,etc. I’ve just been “checked out” the last few weeks dealing with some family stuff....you know. Aside from a few quick comments I haven’t even looked at the internet.
I’m curious as to what coil you’ve been using on permissions and such....and if you’re still holding up Ok with the 17” when you use it. Lately,unless I have the harness,the 17” seems heavy,like my arm is weaker or something. I thought continuous use would build it up but it seems to be wearing it out instead!
As soon as my machine gets back from the doctor I hope to get together soon and watch some more of this “coin harvest” for myself!:grin:
Happy 4th to you and Joy and CONGRATS on a barn burner of a season so far!:cheer:
It's been a while Kevin, hope the family situation works out for you. Did not know your machine was ailing. Still swinging the big coil when I'm on open ground, not on permissions. Use the standard and sniper coils on those. Most coins are shallower on private lands. Like you though most of the local sites are drained so I added another machine to the tool shed. Have the Nox 800 and that has added a few more coins to the treasure chest. Been using it to go over pounded ground and to my surprise I'm becoming a Nickel king. Can tell you that until I can become a lot better with this machine I would not use it on permissions. Talk more with you about it down the road.
Congrats with all the many fine silvers and the buffs! 203 silvers is a great accomplishment.
Thank you JAK, this has been a fantastic adventure.
Man, That is a LOT of silver! Very impressive especially so early in the year, Congrats on passing the 200 mark!
Appreciate the response Ron. I know others have done this before but this has been living a dream. I just don't want to wake up.
You are on fire, I swear you can smell that silver. Congratulations Trapper!
You are funny Craig. I may have a nose or ear but I can insure you I can not smell it. I can also tell that as I approach the 500 hrs mark that it is not all that easy. Trapper

Nice silvers! A barber and buffalo and a walker, the 23' merc is a nice one! Do you even did any clad?

That date on the stander really pops !
Good to see your on pay dirt as usual .
Always nice to see a token show up now and then also.
Keep it up buddy .
I'll keep tuning in to the Weekly or sometimes semi weekly Trapper Jack & Jill takes us to school episodes 👍
,Dew

Oh ... since I get way more views when I post my finds on your threads here is a little something I found an hour ago .
Since I can't text ya. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_1754.jpg
    IMG_1754.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 252
Nice job Trapper! Congrats! I need to get some private permissions! My places are drying up...

Keep it up buddy .
I'll keep tuning in to the Weekly or sometimes semi weekly Trapper Jack & Jill takes us to school episodes 👍
,Dew

Oh ... since I get way more views when I post my finds on your threads here is a little something I found an hour ago .
Since I can't text ya. 😎

Nice memorial Dew! Ha! Lol

Nice memorial Dew! Ha! Lol

Thanks Tom 👍
One of the most underrated coins out there.
For now anyway .. give it some time .. copper will be up to 50 dollars a pound somedAy .. and when Trap is done it's all we will have left to hunt in Wisconsin.
Dew🙂

Major congrats digging over 200 silvers FTY at this point! I don't even have half that in career silvers! Keep up the harvest.:)

Wow! You’re having an amazing year Jack! Congrats on the silver milestone and all the other nice finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Trapper!!! That is a LOT of silver!!! Awesome job man!!
Thanks Digger, Its been a great year so far.
Nice silvers! A barber and buffalo and a walker, the 23' merc is a nice one! Do you even did any clad?
Appreciate your reply Jared. I can take credit for the Barber, the Buffalo's and the Stander, But the Walker belongs to Dew's. I do dig clad and as of this post that total for the year is over $170. Just so you know I also get my share of nails, bottle caps, pull tabs, can slaw and what have you.
Keep it up buddy .
,Dew

Since I can't text ya. 😎
As always your responses are welcomed and appreciated Brad. That permission I got for last Friday (Barber Half) opened three more doors in that neighborhood so I got some more old dirt to play in for a bit. You added some spice to the thread with your Walker,. Congrats, your really approaching the century mark fast. This could be a record year for you.
Nice job Trapper! Congrats! I need to get some private permissions! My places are drying up...
Thank you Tom. Like you the my sites were drying up also. The "Nox" has added a new element of life back into them. Still you can not dig what is not there. Trapper

Amazing. Ive found 25 silvers this year
Thanks for the reply Toasted. Nothing wrong with digging 25 Silvers. I have been planning this year for a long time. Retirement has given me the time needed to pursue this adventure.
Major congrats digging over 200 silvers FTY at this point! I don't even have half that in career silvers! Keep up the harvest.:)
Appreciate your response Fred. I have every intention to continue the chase, still have a few goals to conquer.
Beautiful oldies! Congrats on the 200 milestone, years only half over!
Thank you Sweeper, its been a great ride and you right its only the half way point.
The Captain approves of the silver contained in this thread, especially the Stander and #200...Fine work!
You do know Bruce that you are part of the inspiration for this adventure. Just wanted to say thank you. Trapper

Man Trap! I aint never yet found a Stander! Congrats on punching through 200 YTD! ...Thats a real great picture of the three coins BTW..a classic old coin group shot photo, good on you for taking the time to set it up for us...It is a nice pic there...Heck, it would look pretty cool on the back of a black tee shirt even!

Hey Dew! thats a beauty of a Walker you got there! You Cheeseheads are knocking it down again this Season! You WI guys seem to be really committed or something.....

Back
Top Bottom