New oldest coin. Seated!

Mg240

I went out this morning before the sun came out, and before a Fire Department breakfast for the 4th. I went one block over in front of a Victorian home that had an old oak next to the sidewalk. First hole had a weird little iron clip with a screwhole. Next decent tone was a sweet little high tone in between some iron and trash. Id was jumping into the 30s on the 600. I had very low expectations, expecting a clad quarter maybe. That clad quarter turned out to be my first Seated quarter ever and my new oldest by two years. It is dirtier than most silvers I have found, so I might let it soak for a few days in water.
60256010bfdf714339751f5a41271146.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I went out this morning before the sun came out, and before a Fire Department breakfast for the 4th. I went one block over in front of a Victorian home that had an old oak next to the sidewalk. First hole had a weird little iron clip with a screwhole. Next decent tone was a sweet little high tone in between some iron and trash. Id was jumping into the 30s on the 600. I had very low expectations, expecting a clad quarter maybe. That clad quarter turned out to be my first Seated quarter ever and my new oldest by two years. It is dirtier than most silvers I have found, so I might let it soak for a few days in water.
60256010bfdf714339751f5a41271146.jpg

0abda251d8e7f175711bededfae3b599.jpg

I had very low expectations, expecting a clad quarter maybe. That clad quarter turned out to be my first Seated quarter ever and my new oldest by two years. It is dirtier than most silvers I have found, so I might let it soak for a few days in water.

Nice find. Like to see it after cleaning.
I can't quite make out the date. Is it 1835?

I wish we all could see more of those in the plug. Congrats on a very tough coin to dig

Silver quarters are always awesome to find, and being a seated makes it even better! Grats!

I forgot to mention that the battery was minutes away from dying. And that 600 Still hit on it at 7 inches. I will definitely not be parting with it.

Back
Top Bottom