Heads I win, Tails you lose

LandOLincoln

So i just got my nox800 yesterday, and did not have time to go anywhere for a hunt so i decided, why not see what I missed since I first detected my yard a few months ago with the 600. I cannot believe how many good targets i missed, like the quarters! I think it was due to working too fast, i was swinging nice and easy today. Oh and the silvers came from under a tree root, they gave a crappy vdi but i knew they were coins from the way they sounded. One thing i have learned with the nox, you got to use your ears first and the vdi 2nd, if it sounds like a coin, dig it. Found a sexy token, trigger, and an old fancy lipstick tube? Glad to get some silver out of the ground on a day I did not think i was going to get any real hunting in!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180703_5783.jpg
    IMG_20180703_5783.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20180703_4547.jpg
    IMG_20180703_4547.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20180703_5203.jpg
    IMG_20180703_5203.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 250
Nice job Jared! I definitely like the 800 more than the 600.

Just curious - seeing as you have both machines, how does the Equinox 800 compare to the CTX? I'd imagine the CTX has a lot more features, but how does the depth and separation compare between the two machines? Thanks!

I’m not sure yet. Equinox is definitely faster. Depth is on par with the ctx. I love the ctx for its ID, target trace and depth readout capabilities. I did find more coins with the Nox in an area I pounded with the ctx. A lot of them had big rusty iron nails with them. Hope this helps.

Congrats, I got a wheatie next to a rusty nail today with my Equinox. Its a great machine.
Thanks, it does a great job in trash!
I found a token just like that in a churchyard [emoji23]
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I live right next to 2 churches
Great saves! I agree,the audio on the nox makes it hard to miss a coin,very clear..Congrats
Thanks!
Nice job Jared! I definitely like the 800 more than the 600.

Thanks, yup much better than the 600, but still a good machine, im keeping mine to let my buddys use and as a backup

Congrats on your finds in from your yard. I always use my ears for the sounds before I even look at the VDI numbers. I debated buying the 800 but I only dirt hunt and I think the 600 is good for me. I do like my 600.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Man sweet find! I really want to find one of those some day.

Yea I can only imagine all the creepy old guys who have touch this before me. Also was it flipped for a bet where it was lost. Was he on his way or just leaving from church? Where does one aquire such a token? Chuckecheese?
I was really hoping it was an old copper coin when i realized it wasnt a quarter. I bet it would spend at chuckecheeses.

From what I was told: Those tokens were used to operate peep-show machines. An arcade machine in adult book/novelty stores. So look at the bright side: Now you can go watch 3 minutes of a peep show ! :laughing:

From what I was told: Those tokens were used to operate peep-show machines. An arcade machine in adult book/novelty stores. So look at the bright side: Now you can go watch 3 minutes of a peep show ! :laughing:

I've found 2 of these tokens, both at local elementary schools. :yikes:

South Tacoma was very sleazy back when I was a kid with dozens of adult businesses. Does not surprise me that theses are peep show tokens. :grin:

I've found 2 of these tokens, both at local elementary schools. :yikes:

South Tacoma was very sleazy back when I was a kid with dozens of adult businesses. Does not surprise me that theses are peep show tokens. :grin:

There are parks in San Francisco, where you can get a dozen of these in a day, no problem. SF was/is the ground-zero of sleaze too.

Welcome to the Nudie Token club! :laughing: never mind; I know how that sounded.
Anyway, very impressed with your first Nox 800 report...in your own lawn, for Pete's sake!

Back
Top Bottom