Stavr scoop

Steve

Forum Supporter
Anyone used this scoop for wetsand or in water? If so do you have a photo of the scoop?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180702-153416.jpg
    Screenshot_20180702-153416.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 658
i use the stealth scoop but my 1st scoop was a knockoff sold on ebay from ukrine that looked alot like that one worked ok

I have one similar but not with the raised top. Any of those scoops are superb. Would not trade my 2 for anything and I have used the Stealth. Guys who buy them have not tried better. True.

GraveDiggerMax uses that one. I use his Monstrik 10.

When I tried your scoop it was perfect in my opinion..

I've tried Stealths too, and they're just to big for my type of hunting.. I don't hunt empty sand, I hunt for rocks and iron..

<°)))>{

Never Tried

That model, like the M-9 however with the 10 mil holes, Stavr does need to address the out dated screw and hole in the neck before i purchase another . I notice on that model , it has the same- old- screw and hole in the neck :roll:

Attachments

• Stavr M-9 001.JPG
    Stavr M-9 001.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
I have one similar but not with the raised top. Any of those scoops are superb. Would not trade my 2 for anything and I have used the Stealth. Guys who buy them have not tried better. True.

I think its time to get over your problem with stealth Greg... I own both brands and they both work for me...

I've tried Stealths too, and they're just to big for my type of hunting.. I don't hunt empty sand, I hunt for rocks and iron..

<°)))>{

That's basically what I'm hunting in. Using a stavr but not this model

<°)))>{

Yep same opinion on Stealth. To heavy.

That model, like the M-9 however with the 10 mil holes, Stavr does need to address the out dated screw and hole in the neck before i purchase another . I notice on that model , it has the same- old- screw and hole in the neck :roll:

Why is the screw outdated? You need something to secure it in place. I do drill it all the way and add a nut. Not a deal breaker for me. But I do want a M9 with the point.

On another note my buddy got a competitor's scoop from the Ukraine that is like his M9 with 2mm stainless steel and hex holes. We will see how it holds up. It was a bit cheaper but not by much.

Just wondering; why are you looking for a photo of the scoop when you have a photo of the scoop? :?:

GDMax bequeathed a T-Rex to me about six years ago (God bless GDMax, I miss his posts). That T-Rex has been repaired a couple times, but was my best friend for about five years. I bought a Stealth 920 and the T-Rex is now a backup. Will I ever use the T-Rex again? I would certainly consider a Stavr, but what I really want is a Stealth 620 in the same W-H-D ratios as the 920.

R5

Just wondering; why are you looking for a photo of the scoop when you have a photo of the scoop? :?:

GDMax bequeathed a T-Rex to me about six years ago (God bless GDMax, I miss his posts). That T-Rex has been repaired a couple times, but was my best friend for about five years. I bought a Stealth 920 and the T-Rex is now a backup. Will I ever use the T-Rex again? I would certainly consider a Stavr, but what I really want is a Stealth 620 in the same W-H-D ratios as the 920.

R5

Want to see how it looks from a different angle with a shaft. Get a feel for what it would actually be like instead of.the display photo. Can it get under the rocks? Etc etc
Recently switched to a tdi pro and have absolutely destroyed my current stavr while abandoning 25% of targets. Going to keep the pro for off season daytime I think, that thing is crazy deep.

I have the flat topped one, works great! evroxcavator something or other, great scoop that has held up to years of abuse without issues..

I have the flat topped one, works great! evroxcavator something or other, great scoop that has held up to years of abuse without issues..

I've got 2 of them. Lighter than the m9. This new 1 he has I'm curious to see how it looks in actual use before spending a couple hundred bucks

I think its time to get over your problem with stealth Greg... I own both brands and they both work for me...
I don't have any problem with your friends or sponsors who gift you. I have used both and for me the Stavr is superior. If you want people to just agree with you then say that. We all have out opinions and to call me out is just plain wrong.

Mine is a similar knock off. But what i can tell you that works well is if you insert a carbon fiber shaft. Measure and order a blank a little loose. Then sand and coat the insertion end with marine epoxy. It cuts out all wear to the CF from the metal,sand, etc. at the contact point.

I'm looking into a CF shaft, what thickness are the walls of the shaft?
What do you mean by the blank? A short insert piece inside the bottom of the shaft where if attaches to the scoop?

Mine is a similar knock off. But what i can tell you that works well is if you insert a carbon fiber shaft. Measure and order a blank a little loose. Then sand and coat the insertion end with marine epoxy. It cuts out all wear to the CF from the metal,sand, etc. at the contact point.

Out Dated

Bro., you need to get out of the hills of Japan, the out houses are out dated to incase your still strolling in the back yard, all high end scoop makers are using quick release goose neck with drainage holes , nut welded in, ya on the m-9 i drilled the holes all way through plus another hole, for your information thats old technology, i personally hate it, Stavr scoops are good, but this puts his line last, as he was told, but refuses to make improvements, un like all the other manufactures who continue to make improvements .:realitycheck: PS Imalookin 2 , be careful , my neck still hurt's from Sponsor back lash with follower's, so basically anything better, equal, anything new in scoop's , you can't introduce on here , because they are NOT a sponsor :roll: , member's loose out, and the member who post's get's spanked for 6 week's :roll::laughing: ITS ALL STEALTH HERE BRO :hide::fmdfwelcome: OWN 4 and still take beating :laughing:

Attachments

• StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Wild....... the problem with the single screw is its just to low. If you use say a hole handle like i do the twisting and pulling splits the handle quickly. I had to modify mine and havent had any problem. Man Steve if you destroyed a Starvr i dont think there is any made strong enough for your hunting. Ive not seen that scoop.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 342
Wild....... the problem with the single screw is its just to low. If you use say a hole handle like i do the twisting and pulling splits the handle quickly. I had to modify mine and havent had any problem. Man Steve if you destroyed a Starvr i dont think there is any made strong enough for your hunting. Ive not seen that scoop.
I usually just bond the shaft into the scoop. No screw necessary. Last few years been using a tdi sl. Pinpointing was fairly easy. Usually get at least a year or 18 months out of a scoop.
Switched to a tdi pro... scoop hammered to p!!s and the shaft came out after 3 hunts. Did.hit a couple gold amd some old silver though. The pro will hit a 2g silver ring at depths I just can't come to grips with yet. Retiring the pro for offseason/daylight hunting.
Bonded the shaft in again. Makes a huge difference with the twisting and turning. Top half is removable from the shaft
Tdi series love little red bricks.. sound exactly like a whisper gold.. until the scoop nails it

Attachments

• 20180704_202733_resized.jpg
    20180704_202733_resized.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 391
Bro., you need to get out of the hills of Japan, the out houses are out dated to incase your still strolling in the back yard, all high end scoop makers are using quick release goose neck with drainage holes , nut welded in, ya on the m-9 i drilled the holes all way through plus another hole, for your information thats old technology, i personally hate it, Stavr scoops are good, but this puts his line last, as he was told, but refuses to make improvements, un like all the other manufactures who continue to make improvements .:realitycheck: PS Imalookin 2 , be careful , my neck still hurt's from Sponsor back lash with follower's, so basically anything better, equal, anything new in scoop's , you can't introduce on here , because they are NOT a sponsor :roll: , member's loose out, and the member who post's get's spanked for 6 week's :roll::laughing: ITS ALL STEALTH HERE BRO :hide::fmdfwelcome: OWN 4 and still take beating :laughing:

Takes a licking and keeps on kicking. :lol:

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 372
Back
Top Bottom