Barber Half And A 14 Silver Week

jack&jill

Elite Member
Despite some extreme heat I did manage to get out for several short hunts this week. On three of them after digging some Silver I called them as I was wringing wet and needed some cooler air. Still hoping to get out tonite and again in the morning as I have two sites that are unfinished. Guess that will depend on the thunderstorms as they are passing through as I write this. My big highlight is a six Silver day that includes my 8th Half Dollar of the year. The big Silver is a 1905 Barber. It was dug on a permission house built in 1903 along with a Barber Dime and 4 Merc's. Also dug 13 Wheat's in that hunt. This site is one of those I need to go back to as I only hunted the front yard. The side and back yards really look very appetizing and could provide for another big hunt. Anyway dug thirteen Silver Coins this week along with a Sterling Ring. That puts the count at 195 FTY. Hope everybody survives the heat and stays safe. More eye candy Dew's. Trapper

Attachments

• 6-25-18 .jpg
    6-25-18 .jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 6-25-18 1.jpg
    6-25-18 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 6-27-18.jpg
    6-27-18.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 6-28-18 .jpg
    6-28-18 .jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 6-29-18 .jpg
    6-29-18 .jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 6-29-18 1 .jpg
    6-29-18 1 .jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 6-30-18 .jpg
    6-30-18 .jpg
    59 KB · Views: 310
  • 7-1-18 .jpg
    7-1-18 .jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 312
Congrats on another amazing week Trapper! Gotta love Barbers, especially those big ladies. Since I work in the heat a lot, I don't ask for more of it afterward to go hunting. Be safe out there, stay hydrated, and keep slaying that silver!! :aok:

Absolutely amazing finds. And some great detail photos to go with it. Any one of those finds could be a thread/post by themselves. Congrats and well done!

That's a heck of a good week! Very nice to see a Barber Half get unearthed!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awesome finds Trapper! Your killing the silver!
It has been a very good year Tom. Just think we still have about 5 months still in front of us.
Congrats on another amazing week Trapper! Gotta love Barbers, especially those big ladies. Since I work in the heat a lot, I don't ask for more of it afterward to go hunting. Be safe out there, stay hydrated, and keep slaying that silver!! :aok:
The heat has been a bit tough Chris but I worked in Die Cast and Forge Shop environments and those kinda make these temps a little more tolerable. The big Barber is my 8th Half of the year. 3 Walkers, 3 Franklin's and a Kennedy
Absolutely amazing finds. And some great detail photos to go with it. Any one of those finds could be a thread/post by themselves. Congrats and well done!
Thank you JAK on both the comments on the finds and the photos. My wife got me a new camera and that has really helped with the photos. Wish I could actually figure out how to use the phone (its a cheap one)so I could take some field pics.
That's a heck of a good week! Very nice to see a Barber Half get unearthed!
Thanks Tundra for the response. Of the Eight Halves I dug this year it is the only Barber. Trapper

Quite a year for the record books Trapper!
You will certainly hit #200 prior to the Fourth of July and I hope it is a memorable one for you:yes:

That is a lot of silver and a great year for land hunting for you I think. Awesome coinage.

Heat is no problem. It was 95 yesterday and I drove home with no air conditioning and shivering in my truck! The river is still cold!

Another great report, Trapper. The big Barber takes the cake! The rest of the party ain't too shabby either. Always nice to toss in a fine looking ring like that too!

Congrats

Blaise

Excellent hunting and enduring the heat, congrats!
Appreciate your response 5 Mile. the hunting has been good but I could do without the extreme heat
Nice job sir, that's awesome!
Thank you Craig, it was a pretty nice week. Say buddy you got to stop calling me sir, My dad would be upset:yes:
Crazy right there. Crazy good week. Keep it up!!! BCD
Thank you for the kind words BCD. I've had a few crazy weeks and more than a few crazy hunts so far this year.
Quite a year for the record books Trapper!
You will certainly hit #200 prior to the Fourth of July and I hope it is a memorable one for you:yes:
A record year for us both Matt. Friday's hunt really helped the cause. Going back to that permission tomorrow morning. If the side and back yard is anything like the front then the 200 goal should be met.

Wow,your definitely a trooper in this heat.Thats a lot of silver for a week,and a barber half ,,big congrats on the haul.
Thanks Butcher, most of the hunts were pretty short due to the heat. Early mornings and a couple of hours before dark. The evenings you really have to spray down. Still being out there making the effort and getting some very good results
You’re killing the halves this year. Almost to your July 4 200 silver coin mark. You can do it. Great week and finds, congrats!
Thank you Jason. Going back in the morning to that permission. Hope the side and back yards are half as good as the front yard was.
That is a lot of silver and a great year for land hunting for you I think. Awesome coinage.

Heat is no problem. It was 95 yesterday and I drove home with no air conditioning and shivering in my truck! The river is still cold!
Digging has been great. Been getting enough rain to keep private properties available. And when I hunt a park I have been pretty lucky to pop a Silver. My drives home Bob have been wet....from sweat. Things are suppose to cool a bit the next few days.
Congratulations on a great silver week.
Thank you Matt. I appreciate your reply.Hoping to get to the next goal this week. Trapper

Dang that big girl looks great next to its 10 cent little sister.
Amaizing 14 silver week buddy . đź‘Ť What a nice big handful of silver .
Mindblowing totals for the midpoint of the season .

As for me ... had a six pack this week with nothing special but a washington .
Did get out tonight with Bert and he put the hurt to the big girls . He is jacked .

Great week again Trap.
Here is Bret's take .
,Dewđź‘Ť

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 223
Back
Top Bottom