Recent 2 Day hunt...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I have not been detecting in months.. back in March I was diagnosed with Menieres Disease.. I have had it since I was in my 20's but it went into remission and came back with a vengeance in March.. its a balance issue... I have to hold onto everything otherwise I will fall.. before I started taking antivert when I would wake up in morning or move the wrong way everything around me would spin for about 20 seconds or so... there is no real treatment for it other than the antivert and maybe a diuretic to lower the fluid levels in my ear.. what I suffer from each day is vertigo, fullness in 1 ear, ringing in ears and hearing loss... I decided to hunt the dirt again... I don't think I want to try water hunting and fall in the water as I wear waders... maybe a little wet sand but that is it...

I recently got permission to hunt a 1858 private home... I have only hunted the small front yard leaving me about an acre and a half of backyard... I can't believe the amount of wheat pennies in the yard.. I have had to clean out my pouch a couple times.. the good stuff goes into a padded container... I left the majority of the wheats and a few period relics with the homeowner and plan on sharing the silver with him... forgot to mention a pocket spill of 1 rosie and 4 tiny coins from Switzerland..

The last picture was a different permission that turned out to be a bust because only two silvers were found at that permission.. the entire yard had been filled in with new soil...

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 393
Nice bunch of age indicators there, to accompany the old coins. Get well soon !

Nice bunch of age indicators there, to accompany the old coins. Get well soon !

Get well soon? Its not like I have a cold.. :lol: my grandfather and god mother on my fathers side suffered from this same thing... there is no cure for this... at least it won't kill me ;)

Nice looking finds Craig. Good to see you get out.......:yes: (Haven't been out much myself. Life getting in the way)

Nice hunt there boss!
My grandfather had Menieres Disease as well, so far it has only affected me a few times, I know the feeling you describe all to well....

That is a lot of digging Craig. Glad the your condition improved enough to allow you to get out and play in the dirt. A huge variety of recoveries, congrats. Trapper

Congrats on all the great finds and getting out again!

Thanks NC... the property is above 2 acres hope it holds more hiding silver..

Nice hunt there boss!
My grandfather had Menieres Disease as well, so far it has only affected me a few times, I know the feeling you describe all to well....

Thanks Zee... they say the Menieres can be hereditary.. since March 18th I have been suffering with it... I need to hold onto something when cooking or just standing... I dig with a lesche hand trowel and each time I get up I feel like I am moving even with the antivert..

Excellent work!

thanks Dirty..

That is a lot of digging Craig. Glad the your condition improved enough to allow you to get out and play in the dirt. A huge variety of recoveries, congrats. Trapper

Thanks Jack.. I am sure there is plenty more to recover.. I doubt anyone has hunted this place by the amount of coins I am puling... I was going to wait for some rain because the ground is dry... we had almost 4 inches today and its still coming down.. now I am just waiting for the landscaper to cut :D

Dang, sounds pretty tough dealing with that...

Way to overcome and get some keepers!

<°)))>{

Congrats

On the silver . and swinging once again, a lot of us hunt with disabilities Craig, i for one, keep swinging your doing just fine, happy hunting, Earl

Dang, sounds pretty tough dealing with that...

Way to overcome and get some keepers!

<°)))>{

It sucks a bit Jim.. sometimes it feels like you are on a amusement ride when you are actually not... trying to put a positive spin on it... ;)

On the silver . and swinging once again, a lot of us hunt with disabilities Craig, i for one, keep swinging your doing just fine, happy hunting, Earl

When I have a easy day at work Earl... I will go hunting in the dirt... I'm not ready to try beach hunting yet... I rarely hunt beaches during the summer anyway..

Back
Top Bottom