Pennsylvania Minelab repair center ROCKS!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
One of my blue excals started having an unsteady threshold and I had to send it in to the repair center for diagnostics and repairs. It turned out that it needed a new coil which is what I suspected.

I called Minelab itself on May 31st. (1-630-401-8145) After telling them the Serial Number on the Excal (You can see it through the casing) I was given an RMA number and directions on where to send the machine. The new repair center in Pennsylvania.

I shipped my Excal off May 31st. Today it's fixed, water tested and back in the mail to me. I should have it tomorrow.

This means it only took ONE WEEK for the repair! YAY! YAY!!! YAY!!!

I can not express how happy I am with the new repair center and Minelab for stepping up to the plate and establishing a great new repair center.

This is one happy girl!

PS I'm in the market for a used Sov GT Coil if anyone has one they'd part with.

If you need a Minelab detector repaired first you have to call the Minelab office number. (1-630-401-8145) to set up the return and get an RMA number.

The actual repair center phone number in Pennsylvania is 1-814-283-4270. The repair center address is...

Detector Center
188 Oak Shade Road
Alum Bank, PA 15521

Attachments

• Minelab rocks.jpg
    Minelab rocks.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
That’s impressive,glad to hear Minelab is doing a good job on repairs,turnaround time..I’ve never personally had any problems with Minelabs breaking,but I do own them,and glad to hear you’ll be back in business.Good luck.

That’s impressive,glad to hear Minelab is doing a good job on repairs,turnaround time..I’ve never personally had any problems with Minelabs breaking,but I do own them,and glad to hear you’ll be back in business.Good luck.

I have four blue excals so I'm never out of business :) Also have a Sov GT and three DFX's with big foot coils. :D

They sure are making the old repair center look bad!
Congrats on the fast turnaround and thanks for posting it!

I have four blue excals so I'm never out of business :) Also have a Sov GT and three DFX's with big foot coils. :D

Eight Machines! I think that may top Earl!!

OOpps some one beat me to it!!:lol::shock::shock::lol:

Eight Machines! I think that may top Earl!!

OOpps some one beat me to it!!:lol::shock::shock::lol:

LOL, I have a prizm 2 as well but it didn't seem worthy enough to list it with the others. It was my second detector bought at a garage sale..

Thought the same thing! :laughing: Well Barbara, a question now begs to be asked...how many scoops you got?

Would you believe... 1? Larry is onto me now and then about getting a backup :) Karen has a spare T-Rex so when mine needs welding I borrow hers. Plus Larry has spares :)

Bwhahahha, almost have as many as Earl! :laughing: :lol:

:laughing:

Last edited:
Whoa... THAT'S GR8!

I sent two Blues to that Florida ML repair shop that no longer exists. Horrible, HORRIBLE experience! Rude and unresponsive customer support and both times it took about two to three months for repair.

I'm so happy to hear a few reports that ML customer service has improved. It's about time they start living up to their customer charter. I'll be more convinced when, if I need repairs, I have the same experience as you Kapi.

R5

Whoa... THAT'S GR8!

I sent two Blues to that Florida ML repair shop that no longer exists. Horrible, HORRIBLE experience! Rude and unresponsive customer support and both times it took about two to three months for repair.
Main problem back then was even after the repair it may still be broke and you send it straight back for another repair. Its why everybody used to be scared when a ML went down:shock:

CT Curt/ OBN/ Robocop/ Felix/Woodbutcher

But i don't have a CT Curt custom detector truck rack , i need a date with Octopusy , as i need to know how to swing more than one machine at a time --- holding a scoop at the same time , i know you will never tell me the secret:D
laughing::shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS OBN you have an entire room filled with machine's :roll: The Ring daddy is :kingdances::heybud: the real reason OBN"s shop is closed , he is servicing his own hoard of Excalibur's :yes: RoboCop might have OBN beat in water machine's , a toss up :yes::D PS Barbara we are tied at 8 machine's, however i had to keep my 1st machine from 1976 coinmaster which make's #9, so Ps if you want my GT to tie, at 8 deal :lol::yes: , It hasn't seen action in 2 year's , still charge up both batteries . Let me know . Curt that truck rack fit's 12 machine's doesn't it :roll: who is kidding here :shock::dingding::surrender: Felix Stavr M-9 has seen no use with 2 extra Sunspot extra ash handle's , ill trade you for that Rolex howboutit :yes::D Wood you are talking to the Golden Ring Queen , you don't get the crown swinging just a AT Pro :lol:

Last edited:
Main problem back then was even after the repair it may still be broke and you send it straight back for another repair. Its why everybody used to be scared when a ML went down:shock:

I think that we are seeing now that it wasn't a Minelab problem; it was a problem with the old company that handled the repairs.

Felix

Think about it bro., that Rolex is collecting dust, you can use the scoop 2 to 3 times a week :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: PS throw in that cat in the deal, Shoguns liking his chop's :yes::D

Attachments

• P1000959.JPG
    P1000959.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 605
Think about it bro., that Rolex is collecting dust, you can use the scoop 2 to 3 times a week :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: PS throw in that cat in the deal, Shoguns liking his chop's :yes::D
:umno: Maybe if you throw Shogun into the deal, along with ALL your detectors, I'll consider a trade. My son will be a 3rd year senior at FSU this coming year and then he'll be off to law school. That Rolex is about 4 years away from being given as a graduation present. Think about it - you'll probably get more use outta the watch than you have from your detectors. :lol:

Felix

Watch the part of the movie Wild Hogs, when the MC was told to loose the watches , biker's don't ware them :laughing: , if you need detector's, cash it in for cash , so you can join the NOX club :laughing: , as far as a graduation present for your son, he doesn't want a used salt watered watch , he want's a new car :shock::yes: dont be such a cheap skate :roll: You know what kids expect now day's, not like the OLD School kids ;) PS you don't need a shot gun, as for home defense , just whip out your toes you will scare all of them off :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom