Back getting the Strange Finds

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got out for a dive yesterday with Eric and Ed. Nothing great but a few strange finds.

The aluminum Breath Perfume label and the blue Mazon bottle were the strangest.

Here it is on fee-bay

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/1900s-Viole...393136?hash=item1c83fbabf0:g:EUgAAOSwhvFZByyS

Mazon was a medicine bottle

https://www.rubylane.com/item/34499-CCKx20-x20205/Mazon-Cobalt-Glass-Jar-Medicine-Bottle

A few new coins and bullets and 45 shells from 1918

And one junk earring and a silver ring were the rest of my finds

After I dropped them off, I took the boat out to the party spot for a little while. Nothing great, junk, change and a skull and crossbones earring.

Then today back to the river. I played with a few bell tones today. Got some interesting finds. The best was the half of a bank from Highland Park State Bank. Highland Park Michigan. Picture of the bank embossed on it and at one time was a quality piece. It has teeth where you put the money in:

Got a Red Fox beer can which would have been worth money in better condition it looks like

http://www.ebeercans.com/Red-Fox/1319/

And a 12oz Deans Chocolate Drink can. No idea when it was made

A 1938 Washington, a WW2 dog tag, hat pin, brass ring and crucifix were my other finds.

After getting out and getting dressed, I noticed I missed another call. Called them back and they had lost an expensive pair of glasses at a marina that was on the way home. Got there and found them in less than 2 minutes. Another satisfied customer and 80.00 to add to today's total.

Last edited:
If I found all those cool old things you find I'd be posting and selling them on EB all the time! I'm sure there's a market for all that out there. Nice going on the sun glass retrieval!

I bought an old bank like that at a coin show once, it had the teeth too.
I guess it makes it harder to pilfer the coins

That Blue mason jar is one cool find! Fun hunt.

R5

It's always a thrill for me when I can recover a lost item for people.

Congrats on a target heavy hunt!!:thumbsup:

When one considers that the very next target may be a diamond studded platinum bracelet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GL&HH,

CJ

A 1938 Washington, a WW2 dog tag, hat pin, brass ring and crucifix were my other finds.

Are you going to do any research on Mr. DeWitt or attempt to locate his family? If so, please let us know if you're successful. The violet perfume sign and bank box are really cool. Excellent work!

Are you going to do any research on Mr. DeWitt or attempt to locate his family? If so, please let us know if you're successful. The violet perfume sign and bank box are really cool. Excellent work!

Yes, I sent an email to Angelo's Angels to see if they can locate him or his family. Hopefully will hear back.

Always cool stuff scuba! Enjoy just looking at the strange stuff. I met a guy down here that does similar to you, he was a harbor master in Annapolis but a diver now who works the savage barge. Mike said he is diving all the time for people who loose stuff in the water. He said, I like playing in the mud. Like you he had several interesting stories.

Back
Top Bottom