Two Buffs and a Rosie from tearout

jl1252

Elite Member
Headed out to my favorite park where they have ripped out several hundred square feet of grass to make way for a pickelball court.

In the first few minutes I scored a '48 S Rosie, and '18 & '35 Buffalos. After that, the finds slowed down and only dug several deep wheat pennies.

Really, really like the Nox800 so far. Still getting used to it, but I can see myself using this machine for a very long time. I'm planning to do some river hunting next weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Memorial tearout.jpg
    Memorial tearout.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 360
Thanks, it's interesting the range of colors the wheat pennies turn after decades in the ground and exposure to various chemicals and fertilizer. From red, to orange, pale yellow, and every shade of green, it's amazing.

Last edited:
Nice Hunt !! Tearouts are always fun when you can find them. Congrats on the Rosie, Buffs, and Wheats.

I love hunting tear outs only hit a few since I started detecting (in my 4th season) but you never forget them. Always seem to produce something good and you always feel like that next target could be silver or even gold!!

I love hunting tear outs only hit a few since I started detecting (in my 4th season) but you never forget them. Always seem to produce something good and you always feel like that next target could be silver or even gold!!

I missed out on a good sidewalk tearout last week. Actually the city was putting sidewalks in on an original street that had never had any, and all the houses date back to late 1800s. They tore up the ground on both sides of the street and had them framed for sidewalks and curbs but they had already laid the rock base and compacted it... so bummed. Definitely keeping my eyes open as the entire neighborhood is like this so they may be going in stages...

I missed out on a good sidewalk tearout last week. Actually the city was putting sidewalks in on an original street that had never had any, and all the houses date back to late 1800s. They tore up the ground on both sides of the street and had them framed for sidewalks and curbs but they had already laid the rock base and compacted it... so bummed. Definitely keeping my eyes open as the entire neighborhood is like this so they may be going in stages...

Oh wow!! That is tough as that would have been epic hunting!! Seems like most tear outs are torn up, compacted and gravel lied down before you notice them. Happens to me all the time!! I’m waiting on one right now (heard they were going to tear one out) and have permission from the land owner but they keep delaying it and it has been ring around the construction guy that is doing it.

Nice finds. I haven't gotten anything much yet except Lincoln Memorial pennies, but I haven't done a lot of searching yet, but I will. I hunted mostly in France and found a lot of jewelry. Hunting was good and old could be very old.

Man way to go again! I’ve yet to find a buff! Nice work!

I haven’t had time to detect much lately, gotta make some time!!!

Nice Haul

NOt bad finding the silver, Buffaloes, and wheaties I use to fish the Yuba, until it got washed out below the dam a few years ago.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom