Coppers, Seated and Barber river treasure

Toasted

Elite Member
Scored my first ever water silvers this afternoon while hunting lowtide along the local river. It turned out to be an older spot. 1853 half dime, 1876 dime as well as a really nice 1898 Barber(aside from the river patina lol) and a few toasted indians and large coppers

Attachments

• 897515EB-DC58-47A9-B8D5-A4C78845DFC1.jpg
    897515EB-DC58-47A9-B8D5-A4C78845DFC1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 472
Damn! You have some amazing sites to hit! Congrats on the oldies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt and great finds !!! That Barber is really nice. Do you clean coins like that or just leave the tarnish on them?

Great hunt and great finds !!! That Barber is really nice. Do you clean coins like that or just leave the tarnish on them?

Thanks. I will lightly clean some coins but I dont think you can do much for coins that came from salt water. The seated dime came from higher up on the beach so not exposed to as much water I guess

Now you’re just making everything look too easy! Location,location,location! Well done Toast!

Yep. Had struck out on several other attempts at water hunting. This particular spot was littered with oyster shell on the beach and eroding from the riverbank. Had to have been a lot of activity there. I think the spot is actually called oyster cove. Lol.

I think the one on the right may be a KG Hibernia. The other we will never know

Agreed. Does look like the reverse of a colonial era half pence! The date would be in the bottom of reverse like you have shown in the picture. Awesome find! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom