1900 House yard hunt..s****d

RWJR13

Forum Supporter
... it was the pits.....man there were more nails than home depot carries....They were old but it was brutal..:mad:..1 1/2 hrs and not a coin.....It was like every 3 inches or so there was a nail underneath 6"s of sandy loom with grass on top....I disced out best I could but nada....Got some nice tones, dug down, and the rusty lil spot disappeared like a fart in the wind.....:no::cuss:..
.....anyway, weve all been there...hope someone did better.....
...Later....

Robert, I know your skills with the X5 and have every confidence that if the coins were there you would have squeezed them out. Sorry you had a disappointing day.

Well, you can't say you didn't give it a good run.
A needle in a hay stack of nails the way it looks
You live to hunt another day .
Sleep well đź‘Ť

Robert, I know your skills with the X5 and have every confidence that if the coins were there you would have squeezed them out. Sorry you had a disappointing day.

“If the coins were there”....this is something that many people REFUSE to believe,but some places just plain old don’t have many,if any,coins. As hard as it is to imagine,I believe it happens from time to time. Someone who has MUCH experience with a machine will hit SOMETHING EVENTUALLY...if it’s there.
As disappointing as it is when a good prospect goes bad,at least you know what you now know and you can proceed as you wish. To me,that’d be a “back burner” type thing. This is also the kind of test site that would be a good way to determine what machines may unmask and which ones may have trouble...IF the coins are there. I’ve had similar frustrations at just such a place,with VERY similar soil and cover as you describe here in southern Wisconsin. It’s also where I found the second oldest coin I’ve ever found,an 1846 large cent. It wasn’t in the yard proper,it was hiding in the hostas.:grin: The entire front,side and back yard itself was a HORRIBLE nail ridden mess...

rwjr13 : All the detectors you list in your avetar should easily be able to reject nails. Why were you digging nails ?

... it was the pits.....man there were more nails than home depot carries....They were old but it was brutal..:mad:..1 1/2 hrs and not a coin.....It was like every 3 inches or so there was a nail underneath 6"s of sandy loom with grass on top....I disced out best I could but nada....Got some nice tones, dug down, and the rusty lil spot disappeared like a fart in the wind.....:no::cuss:..
...Later....

welcome to my world of hunting cellar holes hahaha. It's rough but slow and steady wins the race.

Yea those spots are tough, you goback thinking theres coins, only to find a buttload more nails, those are spots I never return too :yes: good luck and happy hunting!

...Later....

That Sounds More Exciting Than My Only Worms Hunt:laughing::laughing::laughing:

rwjr13 : All the detectors you list in your avetar should easily be able to reject nails. Why were you digging nails ?

Yes, i disced them out and more pieces of metal junk. Kept going back and forth on settings as wanted to check everything....It was really crazy the amount of junk in the yard.....Had to have been there....
Ill be going back though....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom