Whites 6000 xl coil

Muskrat

Hi, so I'm a noob here and was wondering if I can put the coil on my whites 6000 pro xl in the water? I really want to detect in this shallow stream but not sure if I should. I would be super bummed out if I broke my first machine immediately. Also, would my detector work worth a hoot in 6 in of water even if I can submerge the coil? Thanks folks:)

I would recommend against it ... the coils with the strain relief offer a little better water resistance than the ones that dont have strain reliefs but those old whites coils simply have too much air space in them... i drowned a 5.3in coil years back and wasnt even deep.. i do have a 9.5in coil that i put extra silicone rubber on the strain relief that ive submerged about a foot deep without any problems YET.... i have a 5900 and its a shame whites didnt make a waterproof 6.59hz machine for freshwater as im sure performance wise it would work great...

Thanks for the response and the info. Man, I've just started and I might have to get another machine. I don't know if I have the willpower to stay out of the water, lol.

I have a whites 5900 and the coil has been in many creeks and rivers through the years with no problem. Make sure the shaft is drained before tipping the coil up higher than the box.

Back
Top Bottom