Misadventure with JD gets a couple keepers

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
More on the misadventure with JD later. I will say neither of us is interested in going back to NC again, lol.

Got back to TN late after the NC disaster day. Slept it off after being mostly in my truck from 445 am Sat until 10pm last night.

Got up and decided to hit a place that we had previously been to once together and once each on solo trips. It was hot.

I came away with silver #44 FTY, a few wheats, a US Collar Disk and a Great Seal cuff button. The lead seal is a railroad seal and the find of the day was that large pocket knife. Can’t quite read the writing on the brass plate. I don’t think I can save this one, lol!

JD picked up an Indian, a 37 Buff, a few wheats and a nice 25 Cent token. The IHC was the 15th from that one yard.

I think I’m done for a while. This heat is killing me.

aca54cb1676fe68d0b4fef0f2a9bdee9.jpg

8f4d0abf9cc68296f42c1ffdbffd7a65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a cool Boker large congress knife, would be from the 30s or 40s most likely.

Attachments

• boker.jpg
    boker.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 412
Sweet hunting, very cool knife!

Thanks GS!

That's a cool Boker large congress knife, would be from the 30s or 40s most likely.

Thanks for the info NS!

Very nice finds! Great job!

Thanks Wyo!

Some very nice recoveries Jerry after what must have been a very tough day. Congrats on the Merc and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all, nice finds! And "More on the misadventure with JD later. I will say neither of us is interested in going back to NC again, lol." - don't keep us in the dark, what happened? :)

First of all, nice finds! And "More on the misadventure with JD later. I will say neither of us is interested in going back to NC again, lol." - don't keep us in the dark, what happened? :)

Nice collection of finds !! Always good to get silver. That knife could use a little WD-40 though.:laughing:

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice assortment there!

Always fun to find a pocket knife. Good hunt for ya.

Thanks y’all. That yard.has been very good to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the finds and sorry the road trip didn’t pan out like expected.

Thanks Jam. As many trips as we make every once in a while there is that one trip, lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom