NE Italy Beaches

No mate, I just went for it. I didnt see Tony Soprano out there with a CTX either. Was rather peaceful, and a nice place to visit BTW!

Yes. And this is just an example of how some of those seemingly dire law-compendiums , that have been compiled for the various European countries .... you have to read between the lines. And figure the evolution of such lists. Often time reality (assuming a person isn't being a nuisance, snooping obvious sensitive monuments) is far different.

There was a thread , years ago, where some UK hunter had just returned from a vacation to a beach resort in Spain. Upon return he posted his show & tell of numerous gold rings, a pile of coins, etc....

He got the usual "atteboys" and such. But then a few people posted things like "I thought it wasn't allowed there ?" (and linked him to some law-compendium stuff). Or "Gee that's funny, I inquired ahead of the consulate, and got told 'no', ", etc....

To which the OP responded that when he'd arrived in Spain at the beach hotel, and inquired of the hotel staff. They didn't know, except to say they'd "seen other md'rs, so it must be ok". Then the vacationer saw a cop on the street corner by the beach, and asked him too. The cop just shrugged his shoulders. So the md'r went to it, all week long. No one cared. He saw another md'r and they exchanged hello's, etc...

Moral of the story ? : If you ask enough people (especially bored purist archies), you can ALWAYS find a "no". Even for the most timid sand boxes. Hence: Don't ask bored purist archies silly questions, and you won't get silly answers.

Back
Top Bottom