Finally got out! LC, ster, #5+6, relics!

That’s the way to “find a way” Jeff! Winter stinks,but for the guy who HAS to hunt like us, there’s no alternative...so we find a way. You did well again my friend! Finding ANY coins in the winter is pretty damn good,congrats on yet ANOTHER great outing!:grin:

A park Largie? I hate you guys up north, [emoji23]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome finds...I used to have a 1971 MGB with that key fob

images

Wow! Congrats! Still January and you have an LC - AND Tom hasn't had that aneurysm that we all expect him to have when ever someone on the east coast finds a one.

Love the button. Still waiting to find my first one of them.

The thaw can't happen fast enough.

The picture of those silver dimes has got me itching to get back out. I think tomorrow will do. Nice finds.

A park Largie? I hate you guys up north, [emoji23]🤣
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found seven large cents in my career. All seven have come from public parks. Have not yet found one in a field or in the woods. I did find one half cent in a field. But that only half counts.

Ya worked hard for those nice mid-winter frozen ground finds, Jeff. Are you hand-holding the phone or do you have a head-band holder for it ? With the phone's light on for the video, your battery must drain pretty fast. I can't say I've done any after-dark detecting, though maybe a little after twilight set in.

I took a metal probe into the woods, bordering a park yesterday to see if the ground was frozen under the heavy leaf mulch. A mixed bag, where some places, I was able to shove the probe easily into thawed ground a full 7-8", but in other places, only an inch before hitting rock hard ground. Hmm, maybe it was actually rock-hard rock :roll:

Thanks for inspiring some of us winter-time arm-chair MD-ers to think about maybe going out !

Nice Merc, Largie and eagle button...

Jim

Ya worked hard for those nice mid-winter frozen ground finds, Jeff. Are you hand-holding the phone or do you have a head-band holder for it ? With the phone's light on for the video, your battery must drain pretty fast. I can't say I've done any after-dark detecting, though maybe a little after twilight set in.

I took a metal probe into the woods, bordering a park yesterday to see if the ground was frozen under the heavy leaf mulch. A mixed bag, where some places, I was able to shove the probe easily into thawed ground a full 7-8", but in other places, only an inch before hitting rock hard ground. Hmm, maybe it was actually rock-hard rock :roll:

Thanks for inspiring some of us winter-time arm-chair MD-ers to think about maybe going out !

Nice Merc, Largie and eagle button...

Jim
Thank you Jim! I should be receiving a go pro pretty soon that ill be head mounting almost every hunt. In that video I was holding my phone :roll: it didnt seem to do that bad on battery level, but it kills internal memory. I mostly hunt at night due to my family and work schedule. If I didnt hunt at night I probably wouldnt get to hunt at all :( I appreciate the comment, good luck for 2018!

I appreciate all the comments folks, its been too cold to get out recently, hoping some warmer weather is coming soon :yes:good luck to all!

For not having a lot of time and having some poor conditions jeff you are sure taking advantage of what you do have. Congrats on adding to your great start on this new year. Trapper

For not having a lot of time and having some poor conditions jeff you are sure taking advantage of what you do have. Congrats on adding to your great start on this new year. Trapper

I appreciate the comment Jack, good luck in the new year, looking forward to your posts!

Thank you Jim! I should be receiving a go pro pretty soon that ill be head mounting almost every hunt. In that video I was holding my phone :roll: it didnt seem to do that bad on battery level, but it kills internal memory. I mostly hunt at night due to my family and work schedule. If I didnt hunt at night I probably wouldnt get to hunt at all :( I appreciate the comment, good luck for 2018!

I'll be sending it out today for ya! Sorry for the hold up, my daughters school/sports schedule made it hard for me to get by the post office.

I'll be sending it out today for ya! Sorry for the hold up, my daughters school/sports schedule made it hard for me to get by the post office.

No problem man, I appreciate it! I got a 1 1/2 year old boy and a 5 year old girl, I know how it goes :laughing: thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom