Waited until the last 10 rolls out of 5 boxes

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, KT had no keepers...even with a total of 19 NIFCs but not the dates His Majesty is looking for...no silver, no 87 Kens, no nothing, nada, until the last ten rolls and even then He did not get any silver, but 2 nice proofs, a bicentennial and a 1978S, showed up. Saved this CRH from being a total loss! :D:D

KT likes proofs, and especially Bicentennials, and is always surprised when one shows up....casual collectors try to horde bicentennials on the mistaken thought that they will have some greater value due to the date and different design, but the US Mint figured a lot of folks would want to horde them right out of circulation and as mint fresh rolls so they minted an awful lot of them ! But the proofs were bought by collectors in sets and to get any of them in circulation, someone who knows little about coins must rip them from the cellophane wraps and either spend or dump them for face value. Granted, once in any circulation, they lose value, but as space fillers in a beginners collection, they are wanted. KT has rolls of circulated proofs and some day will get to the local coin club auction with a few rolls and see what they bring by auction, just so beginning coin collectors can have some fun! Or He might offer a few mixed rolls for sale on this forum.

Anyway, only one pic to show this week and the silver streak is BROKEN! Hope to start a new one next week. :D:D

Just got back from dumping the coins and the dump machine said I dropped in 2500$ worth of coins! That means Loomis gave me those two Proofs free and clear! :clapping::excited:

Attachments

• CRH 07 19 2018 bicent and 78 Ken proofs.jpg
    CRH 07 19 2018 bicent and 78 Ken proofs.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Well, KT had no keepers...even with a total of 19 NIFCs but not the dates His Majesty is looking for...no silver, no 87 Kens, no nothing, nada, until the last ten rolls and even then He did not get any silver, but 2 nice proofs, a bicentennial and a 1978S, showed up. Saved this CRH from being a total loss! :D:D

KT likes proofs, and especially Bicentennials, and is always surprised when one shows up....casual collectors try to horde bicentennials on the mistaken thought that they will have some greater value due to the date and different design, but the US Mint figured a lot of folks would want to horde them right out of circulation and as mint fresh rolls so they minted an awful lot of them ! But the proofs were bought by collectors in sets and to get any of them in circulation, someone who knows little about coins must rip them from the cellophane wraps and either spend or dump them for face value. Granted, once in any circulation, they lose value, but as space fillers in a beginners collection, they are wanted. KT has rolls of circulated proofs and some day will get to the local coin club auction with a few rolls and see what they bring by auction, just so beginning coin collectors can have some fun! Or He might offer a few mixed rolls for sale on this forum.

Anyway, only one pic to show this week and the silver streak is BROKEN! Hope to start a new one next week. :D:D

Just got back from dumping the coins and the dump machine said I dropped in 2500$ worth of coins! That means Loomis gave me those two Proofs free and clear! :clapping::excited:
It is very unfortunate to have a six box silver skunk, but congrats on the proofs keeping the week from being a total loss! Let's get that streak going again next week!

It is very unfortunate to have a six box silver skunk, but congrats on the proofs keeping the week from being a total loss! Let's get that streak going again next week!

Yes it is! :lol::lol: Proofs are ok, even when circulation damaged! KT continues with His Royal Efforts with optimism....never met a CRHer who was not optimistic! :laughing::laughing:

Sorry you didn't get many keepers, maybe next time. I'm sure some new collectors would love to have some of your proofs.

Proofs are fun coins, even when they have been in circulation and just clad. His Majesty always hopes for the next time! :lol::lol:

You know I am not a CRHunter myself but I LOVE reading all of your posts and am a big Fan !!
Keep up the Good Work your Highness and may you Coffers be enriched next hunt !

Glad to have a fan out there, especially when the weather is so hot down here in the Southern Realm! :laughing::laughing: Pun intended! And Royal Thanks for the words of Encouragement....KT is hoping for a Royal Coffer bustin" CRH this coming week! :lol::lol::lol:

Nice score on the proof coinage KT. Never in thousands of halves had I ever found a proof Bicent Kennedy.

Back
Top Bottom