Amazon Prime

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
I've had nothing but excellent example experiences with Amazon Prime. Never had a problem, never had a package arrive late, damaged, missing something etc.... I even received my Sniper Coil for my ace 350 a day earlier than promised!

Have had a couple that arrived a day late when I bumped them up to overnight delivery. One call to Amazon though and the extra charge is credited, no fuss or muss.

Since I don't use credit cards, I have always bought items with gift cards. They will not honor them to purchase prime. I even offered to purchase it for two years but they wouldn't do it. I feel cheated since I cannot take advantage of the savings. The only thing I can see is that they want to automatically renew it from your credit card without asking. I have made a number of large purchases using the gift cards but I am ready to go back to shopping local.

I am very satisfied with Prime. I do not see how I can order items less than $10.00 and still get the Prime speed. I live off the beaten path, yet the UPS truck rolls in on time. I do order a lot of small priced items instead of one big order.

But I did learn that Amazon prices are not the lowest. I had gotten lulled into Amazon's prices and didn't really check other places. I ordered an AT Pro, and later, a 5X8 coil from BBH and they were a lot cheaper than the Amazon.

I recently had a package go from TX to TN to CA, and it was supposed to arrive Friday but didn't make it till Monday :crying: , but seriously... :laughing:

Not going to cry over that.

That said I ordered my Compadré from Jeff @ Quality.......

Since I don't use credit cards, I have always bought items with gift cards. They will not honor them to purchase prime. I even offered to purchase it for two years but they wouldn't do it. I feel cheated since I cannot take advantage of the savings. The only thing I can see is that they want to automatically renew it from your credit card without asking. I have made a number of large purchases using the gift cards but I am ready to go back to shopping local.

Not sure if this would work or not , but you might could use one of those pre-paid credit cards . Not sure if thats worth it to you .

Not sure if this would work or not , but you might could use one of those pre-paid credit cards . Not sure if thats worth it to you .

Yeah, I was just about to say that. Just get a pre-paid and use that, it's basically a hybrid of a credit card and gift card, and should work for Prime.

try PayPal debit card. u can use it in Amazon, Ebay and use like atm card as well. im using it. better than gift cards.
first when u buy ur card with X amount ($20-500) u need to be verified Paypal user submit SSN and IDs after a day your card is ready to be use. the good thing is, you can only spend what your balance is. has monthly fees of $4.99
it is a Mastercard.

i purchase mine at Dollar Gen they also carry the top up card ($20-500)

Wether you use your debit/credit card online or in a store your data is being stored on a server somewhere. Any of these servers can be hacked into by people looking to steal the information. So you are at no greater risk using your card online at a reputable retailer like Amazon than you are in any store you go to locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like prime...never had a problem. Use it to purchase holiday gifts during the season, bdays...etc. Enough free shipping use to more than cover the cost of the subscription.

I also use my old Nintendo Wii to stream free movies and TV shows included with amazon prime.

Last edited:
We use prime to order most of our non-perishables. Prices better than wallyworld and I don't have to make the drive. The savings in fuel and taxes WAAAY more than pays for the cost of prime.

Just ordered my new video editing software for half of retail, no tax, got a helpful book on using it, and it will be here tomorrow with free shipping. Local wally, staples, etc don't even have it on their shelves.

Amazon Prime, easily paid for it self and more in 2014 . Anything I bought that I was not satisfied with was free to return and the sellers went out of there way to make us happy. I figure keeping a good rating with Amazon is important to them. I use a low limit ,guaranteed card and agree it may be a risk , as I see it the real risk is all ready out there with SS # , and personal family info on the web. We used the free TV and movies but like the Net Flix fo at better.
HH

How much does Amazon Prime cost? I guess depending on how often someone might need items quickly would determine whether it's worth it or not.

I have paid for my prime membership already in what I would have paid in shipping. Also like the prime movies. I don't have cable service where I live, won't pay for satellite. Rely on OTA, Netflix, Hulu, Roku and prime. Still quite a variety and no where near as expensive as satellite.

Exactly the thread I was looking for.

Show of hands, how many think it's worth it? I am looking into it because of the possible savings in shipping costs on items... don't know that I would use the storage server and streaming video that much though....

Back
Top Bottom