anderson carbon fiber "easy" snap locking

Gold Digger 2

Elite Member
While I am a fan of my Anderson shafts, I am not happy with the "easy" snap hardware to hold the control box and battery on my excals,,,,today, I took them things out,,,,,PITA but got them out,,,,I am going to replace them with the same type of nylon bolt and washer that I use for my coil,,,,,I just don't see why they make them like that when the salt water locks them things up something horrible,,,just don't see why they don't do the same thing Plugger does for locking the control box to the shaft,,,,:?:regardless, I love the balance of the carbon fiber and will never change back,,,,GL HH

Sometimes...no....most times.... simple is better.

Cliff

While I am a fan of my Anderson shafts, I am not happy with the "easy" snap hardware to hold the control box and battery on my excals,,,,today, I took them things out,,,,,PITA but got them out,,,,I am going to replace them with the same type of nylon bolt and washer that I use for my coil,,,,,I just don't see why they make them like that when the salt water locks them things up something horrible,,,just don't see why they don't do the same thing Plugger does for locking the control box to the shaft,,,,:?:regardless, I love the balance of the carbon fiber and will never change back,,,,GL HH

Hey Gold Digger
I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my Anderson CF tall shaft. How'd you get those suckers out?
AND where did you get the nylon bolts? I went to my Ace Hardware store to find bolts and they didn't carry them (only some short fat ones)

I really can't stand those "easy" snap thingies.

Thanks for the post!

Don't think they use stainless? I know mine rusted out so they were easy to remove:lol:

Hey Gold Digger
I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my Anderson CF tall shaft. How'd you get those suckers out?
AND where did you get the nylon bolts? I went to my Ace Hardware store to find bolts and they didn't carry them (only some short fat ones)

I really can't stand those "easy" snap thingies.

Thanks for the post!

I had two shafts to remove them from, both are tall man also,,,,like Larry said, a couple of the "thingies" were rusted and came right out, the others, I took a small flat head screw driver and pushed them in and bent them and pulled them out with a longer screw driver,,,,,I get my nylon bolts and nuts at Ace hardware,,,1/4 thread,,,,,there are 3 Ace hardware stores near me and only one has the right bolts,,,,I use sink washers in the plumbing department that I take a razor and make the hole large enough for the screw to go through,,,,,

I had two shafts to remove them from, both are tall man also,,,,like Larry said, a couple of the "thingies" were rusted and came right out, the others, I took a small flat head screw driver and pushed them in and bent them and pulled them out with a longer screw driver,,,,,I get my nylon bolts and nuts at Ace hardware,,,1/4 thread,,,,,there are 3 Ace hardware stores near me and only one has the right bolts,,,,I use sink washers in the plumbing department that I take a razor and make the hole large enough for the screw to go through,,,,,

Thanks! I have 2 ace near me... I'll try the other one.

Kinda makes you wonder if they use there own stuff....

Plunger i can tell you are SUPER good locks.... easy on and off. Mine came with both... SS and nylon bolts. For the price you just cant beet them. I wouldnt be drilling no holes Tim.... Plunger locks takes all the wiggle out of the lower shaft ... if you get any that sand really wears it thin.

Dew

Kinda makes you wonder if they use there own stuff....

Highly doubt they make their own pins. Even ones on fishing nets around here rust out, I know at the Lowes here they used to sell a black plastic one. Lowes by me has a nice selection of nylon bolts, nuts, washers. We find a stainless steel wire on the beaches around here.(Real low tone:lol:) You can bend a little loop in the end of the wire and fish it down in and use it to pull at one side at a time to get the pin out. May straighten the loop out a couple times? But works pretty good.

Plunger i can tell you are SUPER good locks.... easy on and off. Mine came with both... SS and nylon bolts. For the price you just cant beet them. I wouldnt be drilling no holes Tim.... Plunger locks takes all the wiggle out of the lower shaft ... if you get any that sand really wears it thin.

Dew

Dew, for the control box and battery, I don't need to drill any holes,,,,,I took the "easy" snap pins out and the normal 1/4" thread nylon bolt and nuts work perfect through the holes already there, I added a rubber washer so they are not putting any pressure on the housing,,,,you will like them when you see them,,,the lower end shaft is another story,,,haven't got that figured out yet and saw something on line that Anderson had for lower locking shaft and have to look at it again

Back
Top Bottom