A nice ring from the lake yesterday!

beachdude

Elite Member
I am now hunting in the most challenging area I have ever hunted: It is a debris field of iron nails and in the lake bed composed of marble-sized to golf-ball-sized pebbles, all under 1.5 meters of water, but I figure the pebbles are so dense that it has trapped some gold jewelry over the years (the rocks prevent the gold from sinking deeper).

I am using a CTX3030 for this site as my Excal gets overwhelmed by the sheer number of targets here. I recorded a minute of audio from this site. You can hear what I am talking about here:

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/...9-metal-detecting-toronto-20.html#post4637859

I was there yesterday and it was incredibly slow going due to the multitude of iron targets scattered throughout the area. I hunted for a couple of hours and then it started to thunder and lightning and then rain hard, so I paused and got out of the water.

The rain slowed down a bit so I went back in the lake and dug this really nice yellow and white gold 10k wedding band. It is pretty heavy at 9 grams and it was, as I suspected, in the thick of the pebbles at a depth of about 8". Gold ring # 12 for the year.

Pruny hands:

gold_ring_12_2013.jpg

Here it is cleaned up a bit:

gold_ring_12b_2013.jpg

Congrats on that nice ring. It sounds like you really earned it! Persistence pays off again. Good luck on future hunts. : )

Very Nice Gold Ring and interesting ring holder....

Very Nice Gold Ring and interesting ring holder....

When you find as many rings as I do, you need a ring holder! (just kidding :laughing:).

They are great to hold the rings for photographs! I got them at a jewelers supply shop here in Toronto, but you can get them on ebay as well. Look for 'acrylic ring display holder' OBN.

The cone ones are also pretty nice:

16003182-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom