Getting All Set For The New Season!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
ORDERED MY ATPRO!:clapping::excited::woohoo::egyptian::thumbsup:

(SHOULD HAVE IT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK! HAPPY EASTER TO ME!)

Congrats on your new machine! Yer gonna love it, especially if you got the 5x8 coil package!

Great choice, don't forget to get a bottle of "Lady Off" To keep the females away on your first trip out in public.:D

Great choice, don't forget to get a bottle of "Lady Off" To keep the females away on your first trip out in public.:D

That's not going to be an issue! I am a female myself!

Attachments

• DA Hat 3.JPG
    DA Hat 3.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 88
congrats! :yes: once you start swinging that thing you won't want to put it down! ;)
i dunno if you've checked out any youtube vids yet, but Garrett has some really good ones on their channel.
some of the settings that work for me, and i always use mine in pro mode:

ground balance for dirt hunting usually between 85 and 90, sensitivity never any lower than 6 unless i'm looking for a really recent loss. no discrim unless i'm in an extremely nail rich area (like within 20 feet of an older building that's had numerous roof jobs, lol)
when i do descrim iron, i generally run the iron discrimination anywhere from 30 to 40 and the iron audio button off except for when i want to give a target a quick listen for the full sounds. but if there's a bazillion nails there, i don't wanna hear 'em.
when you're pin pointing on a target, as you hold the button down and drag the coil back towards yourself, as soon as the tone drops off, that's where your target will be! (it's my preferred method, others will pp off the heel of the coil, but both ways work quite well.) :yes:
and if you're finding it tiring to swing after a while, be sure to switch arms every so often, that'll keep you in the game for longer periods. even just a couple of minutes in the opposite hand will make a BIG difference!
oh, dig those tab and foil signals! (low 40's and low 50's)! 40's can be smaller gold, 50's can be larger rings!

will look forward to seeing some of your finds with your new gizmo!

Pete

No that will have to come later -- comes with the 8.5x11 DD. :no:

Baby steps! I just said that because the weight balance of the 5x8 is dreamy. :) And knowing that you are a lady, I think it would be a great fit for you. :)

Don't put a damper on it though, one nice ring and you got your new 5x8 coil!

Let's not forget... you have an AT PRO coming!!!

That's not going to be an issue! I am a female myself!
And a very presentable one at that. I best not say anything about the recently released "Man Off" in the camo bottle designed for the finds pouch. Again congrads on the new machine.:cool:

And a very presentable one at that. I best not say anything about the recently released "Man Off" in the camo bottle designed for the finds pouch. Again congrads on the new machine.:cool:

Just turn on your detectors headlight, you won't have to worry about anyone being attracted to it!

congrats! :yes: once you start swinging that thing you won't want to put it down! ;)
i dunno if you've checked out any youtube vids yet, but Garrett has some really good ones on their channel.
some of the settings that work for me, and i always use mine in pro mode:

ground balance for dirt hunting usually between 85 and 90, sensitivity never any lower than 6 unless i'm looking for a really recent loss. no discrim unless i'm in an extremely nail rich area (like within 20 feet of an older building that's had numerous roof jobs, lol)
when i do descrim iron, i generally run the iron discrimination anywhere from 30 to 40 and the iron audio button off except for when i want to give a target a quick listen for the full sounds. but if there's a bazillion nails there, i don't wanna hear 'em.
when you're pin pointing on a target, as you hold the button down and drag the coil back towards yourself, as soon as the tone drops off, that's where your target will be! (it's my preferred method, others will pp off the heel of the coil, but both ways work quite well.) :yes:
and if you're finding it tiring to swing after a while, be sure to switch arms every so often, that'll keep you in the game for longer periods. even just a couple of minutes in the opposite hand will make a BIG difference!
oh, dig those tab and foil signals! (low 40's and low 50's)! 40's can be smaller gold, 50's can be larger rings!

will look forward to seeing some of your finds with your new gizmo!

Pete

THANKS FOR THE INFO! I need all the help I can get!

I'll say...Happy Easter to YOU, my friend!!! What a nice treat for yourself after the 'stuff' you've gone through! : ) Can't wait to see what treasures you start finding. Good luck.

Thanks for the great comments and information. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm used to the cheaper units that just have one tone (you know -- beep and dig all). This one is like going from a VW bug to the Rolls Royce to me! So it will take a good while to get the hang of it but I have good sources for learning -- Garrett Instructional Videos on YouTube and of course Nuggetnoggin! :D

Back
Top Bottom