First 2014 Hunt and Gold

Compass

Forum Supporter
A friend and I went to one of our favorite lakes again yesterday and hunted for about 8 hours in and out of the water. He got this nice 5.9 gram 14K yellow gold comfort band early in the hunt:
picture.php

I started off using the Dual Field and found a few dozen bottle caps before switching to the Excal 2 for the rest of the day. We continued to find a few coins and some cheap rings in this area but tried hunting a different part of the lake after lunch. I found a spot that produced a lot of targets and late in the afternoon I got my first gold ring of 2014, a 4.5 gram, 14K yellow band!
picture.php

It's always nice when everyone on the hunt comes home with something good and this was one of those days!
picture.php

HH!

It's always a great day when everybody gets a keeper. Those are both beauties. Nice going.

Thanks everyone for the nice replies! This might be the earliest in the year that I've scored some gold. May you all have rewarding new years! HH!

Very nice you both got the gold. I also see that the Excal loves bottle tops as much as the CZ-21. I can sometimes tell they are probably bottle tops BUT Canadian steel coins and a few gold rings have also rang up strangely and so I never pass them up.

Nice couple of rings there.

Compass

There is a thread floating around on this section about your water's being radioactive because of the Japan reactor leak into the water's, and coming across the ocean, have you did any testing yourself ? . Nice gold ring bro, keep up the nice work, be safe, Earl

Very nice you both got the gold. I also see that the Excal loves bottle tops as much as the CZ-21. I can sometimes tell they are probably bottle tops BUT Canadian steel coins and a few gold rings have also rang up strangely and so I never pass them up.

Nice couple of rings there.

Thanks! Yeah, Im pretty sure that they are bottle caps too but Id rather skip a high tone than a low one.

that's a pretty one and a heavy one,,,,I am beginning to forget what the larger golds look like,,,,,:laughing:lots of bottle caps,,,,were those with the excal? GL HH

Back
Top Bottom