Gold Chain Video

clearwatermike

Elite Member
I took the three gold chains I found recently to the beach this morning to make a video of what the Excal does when passed over them. I had them all spread out on the wet sand, MD in one hand, camera and headphones in the other. Much to my chagrin, the audio is very hard to detect...the phones were either too far from the mic, or my thumb was over the mic, or maybe a combination of the two. I put the camera on a tripod at home and hung one side of the headphones right over the mic hole on top of the camera. I found the different responses of each chain very interesting, and look forward to any insight/comments you all may have. Thanks for watching!
Mike

http://youtu.be/tocx_Lkvs1E

Thanks for the video.

I have never found a gold chain before only silver(I hear those are better sounding). Based on listening to the video, the chains sound like foil, no?

The way you rubbed/tuched the chains over the coil made it difficult to tell if there were any difference in tone.... just that you best pay attend to tiny can slaw at any depth. Just goes to show you how the detector processes the signal based on size, gold ratio, and chain link make. Thanks for the video.

Dew

Good video Mike, thanks. I think you just have a hot excal.....want to sell it? :D

Cliff

Mike that is a great video and real prospective,,,,,man, you did a great job getting all those chains,,,,,the only 2 chains I got in the last year and a half sounded just the same as those,,,,,trashy signals,,,,,strange that the fat 10k can only be heard by the clasp,,,,,,, makes me and I am sure others think about times they had signals like that and wonder if they past one,,,,:laughing:keep em coming,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom