11-10-2011 Beach hunt produces several "Wheaties" and dog charm

joee5

Elite Member
Headed out extra early this morning and was able to get in a roughly 3 hour beach hunt. I hunted the same beach I found the Mercury dimes at last week but this time I hunted the opposite end of the beach. No silver today but a successful hunt overall.

DSC_0017.jpg

I would have kept going, but due to me girls having no school today and the ole lady gotta work I had to get home.
Found this dog charm but with no markings on it, I doubt it's anything but junk jewelry. Still a neat find and would have been better if it was a black labrador retreiver (me family dog).

DSC_0018.jpg

The green guy was a surface find but I pick them up whenever I see them. Maybe in a few years I will have amassed an "army".:lol:
Anyhow, found these "wheaties" and soaked them in apple cider vinegar for roughly a half hour in an attempt to read the dates (hence the funky color). Using the loupe I was able to only read the following dates. 1928, 1930, 1940, 1950 another either 1941 or 1947 and two of them the date is unreadable.

DSC_0020.jpg

Anyhow, it was real foggy and the sand was heavy (from the moisture???), But I was able to get out there and get some fresh sea air and exercise.
Happy hunting everyone.

Love the dog charm Joe. Let me know if you find one in the shape of a Yorkie!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom